Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:11 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by djl
That's one reason why I don't use Firefox.
Still doesn't work on IE either.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:26 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

TJ316,
Your reasoning makes no sence to me at all. I cant think of any good successful company that has not wanted to improve there product over time. H.D. Ford, GM, ect. All have had issues at one time or another even Jagg I am sure. If ya bought a earlier design & hold it against them that they want to make a better product what sence does that make??? If you designed a product and thought of ways to make it better wouldnt you want to market it? Is somebody paying you to promote Jagg & try to downgrade others? Jagg may be a great product too, I just dont understand your reasoning? Could it be the marketing practices are not as virgouse for Ultra Cool as they are for Jagg? Not sure, I just know that the current Ultra Cool product is fine quality. Just my honest opinion. I am not a payed spokes person and have no affiliation with Ultra Cool. Just a satisfied costomer!

Last edited by DHubbs; 07-01-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:46 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I am glad you are happy and hope it works for you and like you am not affiliated with any company but have ridden for years and research before I spend my money , leaks are occurring on new models as well as older models but do not show up for awhile , the Ultracool definitely works at lowering temperature but my opinion is Robert rushed to market with it and is now doing warranty as he has failures in the field , the radiator design on them as well as Harley's are Korean made and I feel Jagg's radiator design is better , the oil filter adapter on Jaggs has the highest flow rate lowest pressure drop on the market which I think is important in long term engine life and I also find important as I usually keep a bike for years when I buy it , the original Ultra used a Jagg offset oil filter adapter , the newer ones with the relocated temperature sensor do not , buy what you want and hopefully it works for you but I have ridden Harley's for over 30 years and have dealt with my share of companies over the years where the customer is basically doing the research and development on products for them and I no longer care to do it and that includes installing an oil cooler then waitng to see if it leaks and if it does remove the mess and replacing it under warranty
Originally Posted by DHubbs
TJ316,
Your reasoning makes no sence to me at all. I cant think of any good successful company that has not wanted to improve there product over time. H.D. Ford, GM, ect. All have had issues at one time or another even Jagg I am sure. If ya bought a earlier design & hold it against them that they want to make a better product what sence does that make??? If you designed a product and thought of ways to make it better wouldnt you want to market it? Is somebody paying you to promote Jagg & try to downgrade others? Jagg may be a great product too, I just dont understand your reasoning? Could it be the marketing practices are not as virgouse for Ultra Cool as they are for Jagg? Not sure, I just know that the current Ultra Cool product is fine quality. Just my honest opinion. I am not a payed spokes person and have no affiliation with Ultra Cool. Just a satisfied costomer!

Old 07-02-2011, 05:55 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DHubbs
My cooler came from Ultra Cool about 3 weeks ago. The instructions were vere clear and straight forward. The illustrations were very accurate. The installation could not have been more simple. There is no problem using the unit with an oil temp. gauge. The thermostat screws into the oil filter adapter, and so do the nipples where the hoses attatch. The other end of the hoses attatch to nipples that screw into the cooler. Believe me I would have picked up on poor engineering like that imeadiatly. I would have sent the product back if there were anything like that on it. Wheather they get on this website daily and answer all questions I cant tell you, but I do know they are happy to talk on the phone as long as you care to talk. I believe you are trashing a product you know nothing about. Just my opinion.
+1, I have to agree. I had been waiting a while to buy an Ultracool because I knew of some of the issues and I also run an oil temp guage. I finally purchased a unit about 2 months ago, seems like they have worked out most issues. Jagg is a good brand also, but I still believe having a fan helps when you get caught in traffic. I hear Jagg is supposed to be coming out with a fan also, so who's to say they won't have issues, and if they have them all resolved by the time I decide to buy another bike, who knows, maybe next time I'll choose them, but right now my Ultracool isn't broke, so I don't plan on fixing it.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:45 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 389 Likes on 225 Posts

I looked at installing an Ultra Cool but ended up going with an Oil Bud. So far this summer its performed well. I've only seen the temp in the sump (I have a digital dipstick) over 230 once and that was in stop and go hyway traffic with no wind on a 90+ degree day and then it was only 238. The deal closer for me is the Oil Bud is American made. Personally, that matters to me.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:09 AM
steve 55
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD premium oil cooler

Originally Posted by The Q
26155-07 for the HD Premium Oil Cooler. It's a nice piece and super easy to install.
I'm just wondering does the cooler have any problems with the adapter leaking?

Old 07-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by djl
That's one reason why I don't use Firefox.
Its working good now. Doing my home work on oil coolers trying to figure out why t stat no recommend by jagg. I know keep reading do a search....

Old 07-29-2011, 08:46 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
Its working good now. Doing my home work on oil coolers trying to figure out why t stat no recommend by jagg. I know keep reading do a search....
I would talk to Jagg personally, with the thermostat question. I'm assuming they didn't recommend it due to the person's location, which was central Texas. Down there, (and in the hot climate states) you probably don't need a thermostat.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:35 AM
jmcd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too had a ultra cooler on mine,, thought it was the best thing that any one had come up with,,, but i should have known better and stayed away from it ,,,,, I wanted to try this cooler so i found a dealer where i live, 4 months or so the dealer still did not get any units in , so i called ultra coolers them self,, got one from them,, put it on and all seamed good. untill one day ,,, yep got a leak,, well a bit more than a leak,, oil came out so fast it got all over the rear tire and well before i knew what was going on i was making a right turn , yep went down it happends when a lot of oil get on the rear tire , lol ,, nothing hurt to bad but my pride,,, so i found out it was the cooler leaking so i called the guys at ultra cool and talk to them , nice guys there ,, he was a bit upset that the cooler was leaking and said he will send me a new cooler asap ,, well that was a year or so ago ,, called a few times , and still no new cooler ,, well it was not ment for me to have one, want was the bad part of the deal is i took off a HD cooler and gave it to my buddy , so i went a got a new HD one for mine again,, yep more money , i am running a HD cooler now and i allso have fans on it , works just like the ultra one , and it smaller I am not saying that every cooler they make is going to leak , but that is what had happen to mine , and i still have the ultra one in a box if any one want a leaky one to play with lol

Last edited by jmcd; 07-29-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
I would talk to Jagg personally, with the thermostat question. I'm assuming they didn't recommend it due to the person's location, which was central Texas. Down there, (and in the hot climate states) you probably don't need a thermostat.
Awe yes thanks.

Quick Reply: Looking for oil cooler