Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by mi2az
Just went to the Ultra Cool Website. It looks like a good product. I like the idea of a built in cooling fan that comes with the kit.

I emailed Jag about the 10 row cooler, have not heard back from them yet
Call Jagg, don't wait for an email response. You will learn much more by talking to Marv, as a previous post has suggested. Marv is very helpful and will get you sorted out.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:58 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by sargek
Anti rotational device?
Any of the conventional oil coolers require the installation of an adapter that includes the fittings to which the cooler lines attache. The oil filter is removed, the adapter installed and the oil filter remounted to the adapter. The anti-roational device is a small bracket that attaches to the adapter and makes contact with the engine block. This prevents the adapater from rotating on it's mount when removing the oil filter. If the adapater moves, the result will be a leak or weeping of oil. Go to the Jagg website and you will see and understand.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:23 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 72,282 Likes on 21,834 Posts

There's a brand new one for sale in the classified/touring secton for $215.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:24 PM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djl
Any of the conventional oil coolers require the installation of an adapter that includes the fittings to which the cooler lines attache. The oil filter is removed, the adapter installed and the oil filter remounted to the adapter. The anti-roational device is a small bracket that attaches to the adapter and makes contact with the engine block. This prevents the adapater from rotating on it's mount when removing the oil filter. If the adapater moves, the result will be a leak or weeping of oil. Go to the Jagg website and you will see and understand.
I understand - I already have an adapter for the stock oil cooler so should be OK but I'll look at it to see if it has something similar to keep it from rotating.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:22 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by sargek
I understand - I already have an adapter for the stock oil cooler so should be OK but I'll look at it to see if it has something similar to keep it from rotating.
It's hard to see as it is small and attaches on the adaptor nearest the motor. Aluminum I think or metal in color and shaped sort of like a boomerang. About $15.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:38 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
Do not buy the Ultracoolfl , the idea is good but their quality is not , they have had several issues I will not get into...
Why not? If there is a problem, why not tell us about it?

Old 06-30-2011, 01:14 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea I second that! I have a Ultra Cool on my 2010 Ultra & I think its great! I have not seen the oil temp gauge go over 230 degree in stop & go traffic & 97 degree Ga. heat. I have had no problems at all & the folks there were very informative & helpful. They have a very high quality product IMO.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:39 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

I have a Jagg on my bike 10 yrs.Works great no issues. The Jagg has less restriction thaan the H-D,the H-d is manufactured in CHINA

Old 06-30-2011, 06:29 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 477 Likes on 125 Posts

Ultracoolfl has had a number of issues , first was lack of installation instructions included with their product , and Robert at Ultracoolfl wasn't much help most forum members worked together to solve issues , next they wouldn't work with oil temperature gauges and they released a mickey mouse T to fix this that didn't work which is why they came out with the new version , now on the newer version some guys are experiencing leaks after time around the base of the nipple that the hoses go over and attach to , they are pressed through and can leak over time , people who have had leaks have had them brazed around the base and this has solved the problem , there is no doubt it works at reducing temperature but I do not care to be a test for them while they continue to identify and solve issues with it , Jagg is a proven product
Originally Posted by White Ice
Why not? If there is a problem, why not tell us about it?

Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My cooler came from Ultra Cool about 3 weeks ago. The instructions were vere clear and straight forward. The illustrations were very accurate. The installation could not have been more simple. There is no problem using the unit with an oil temp. gauge. The thermostat screws into the oil filter adapter, and so do the nipples where the hoses attatch. The other end of the hoses attatch to nipples that screw into the cooler. Believe me I would have picked up on poor engineering like that imeadiatly. I would have sent the product back if there were anything like that on it. Wheather they get on this website daily and answer all questions I cant tell you, but I do know they are happy to talk on the phone as long as you care to talk. I believe you are trashing a product you know nothing about. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Looking for oil cooler