Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which gps?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
CarrollB
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I use a Nuvi 755T. Cost about $175, will take 10 routes. I plot the route in MapQuest and download to the the Nuvi. I connect the audio to the radio aux so I can hear the directions and this model also plays MP3 tunes. It's not waterproof but neither am I. Paid about $25 for a plastic handlebar mount that I have used for two years without issues. Someone makes a 18 inch USB power power cord that I power from a USB adapter and the cig plug.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:50 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by audettd
He asked about being able to upload routes...now I'm not familiar with other models except Zumo...but most of my friends who don't own the ZUMO tell me they can't upload routes....that's one of the biggest downers.
There are quite a few Garmin GPS models that do allow you to create custom routes. You don't have to get a Zumo for that feature.

When looking at specs for any GPS, just look for something about custom routes.

It will be listed something like this:
Routes = 0 (meaning NO, it will not support creating custom routes)
Routes = 10 (meaning you can have up to 10 custom routes at a time)

Most of the basic, less expensive units do not allow this feature.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:53 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by CarrollB
I use a Nuvi 755T. Cost about $175, will take 10 routes. I plot the route in MapQuest and download to the the Nuvi. I connect the audio to the radio aux so I can hear the directions and this model also plays MP3 tunes. It's not waterproof but neither am I. Paid about $25 for a plastic handlebar mount that I have used for two years without issues. Someone makes a 18 inch USB power power cord that I power from a USB adapter and the cig plug.

My Nuvi 1450 also allows custom routes, and I add them the same way you just listed.
I also use the USB power cord and USB cig. adapter plug.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Renarde
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am looking for a sku: 010-10610-00 - Garmin Motorcycle Mounting Kit For Models: All Quest, Quest 2) it has the audio hook up for earbud instead of blue tooth, can't find it anywhere, how do i hook up to the GPS for audio when it doesn't have the connection.

Anyone ?

Old 02-11-2012, 01:57 PM
classic53
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very happy with my Rand McNally GPS.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Fat Mike
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by troop
I'd say save a few $$ and get a non m/c model. You don't say which bike you have but a FLHT model deflects 90+% around the GPS. A simple sandwich bag covers nicely in a down pour and still useable....
This what I have on my FLHTC. A NON- motorcycle TomTom. XXL550M. Free map updates for life. I paid $85 for it this Christmas. $30 Ram mount for a motorcycle, and a 10 cent baggie. I can go anywhere, program before I go, or do it on the fly. If I need to use the phone, I do it when I stop. If I want to change destinations, I do it when I stop. Get the map out and punch it in. Phones, MP3's, bluetooth??? Come on. Get a truck or a car. I don't have all the money I guess to have the best things like it sounds like you have, but I'll get there just as fast, and the fastest way possible. I'm on the bike to ride, not talk to grandma! Geeezzzz..... Sorry, but the whole idea for me and the wife is to ride and enjoy the ride. Forget whats happening back home. That's why I left.