Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KMKE's HD Museum

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 PM
09RKC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMKE's HD Museum

On a trip from Memphis to Memphis via Chicago, Milwakee, Grand Bay, Whitefish Bay (Upper Peninsula), Birch Run, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Elkhart and Evansville IN.

That HD Museum's great! What a well displayed history with optional audio-tour. In chronilogical order, the displays took me from “Harley #1” to today’s models with individual displays of gas tanks, engines ect. It’s amazing, the military HDs, mail carrying HDs… They’ve even got a café on property. It’s a trip for everyone! Easy to find once in town.

Got into Paradise MI (Upper Peninsula) and Whitefish bay. If you get up there be sure to see the Shipwreck Museum on the point! There are a few dozen models of wrecks with history, all fasinating stories!, featured is the Edmund Fitzgerald which went down a mere 20 miles from the point, where the museum is. If you opt to climb the lighthouse (I did), they’ll show you the approx spot it went down. I saw Fitzgerald raised artifacts including it’s bell. The wreckage has been declared a memorial. Very emotional movie of what happened in conclusion.

I saw no deer crossing signs, rather moose and bear are the problem.

In Birch Run now after a 300 mile day of cold rain and 20kt cross-wind. Heading to Detroit HD tomorrow and will spend the night in Grand Rapids. It’s wonderful to be retired! Bless y’all!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:11 PM
harleyiron80
Cruiser

have a safe trip and thanks for updating on your trip

Old 06-28-2011, 10:16 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the info about the Museum. Hope to get there this summer.

Ride safe.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"It’s wonderful to be retired!" rub it in will ya! enjoy your trip and your retirement, you've earned it. Ride safe

Old 06-29-2011, 11:02 PM
sbledsoe
Cruiser

My wife and I just went to the HD museum about 3 weeks ago and you're right....it was fantastic!! Had to change the batteries in my digital camera because I took so many pics! lol Btw...I posted the pics here in my photo gallery if anyone is interested in seeing what the museum is like. Safe travels and enjoy your ride and retirement