Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loose connectors under tank near throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Loose connectors under tank near throttle body

Had the dealer install the SE Intake today as well as the Stage 1 Download. Nice improvement on my '11 Ultra Classic. When I got the bike home, I went to clean up the cover of the intake and noticed two loose connectors above the throttle body that seem to be dangling from the lower part of the tank. Anybody know what those are? I'm assuming that they were not connected to anything before the install of the intake since only the Induction Module Bracket needed to be removed and the diagram in the instruction sheet doesn't seem to show them.

Bike runs fine, so I am assuming that they exist for some accessory that I don't have on the bike. But of course, it's going to drive me nuts if I don't figure out what they are.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post a pic of the connection? I can't think of any thing that should be loose, or not connected, to the best of my memory (which is very bad at times) I think you have like five connectors there, three connected to the TB and two that are connected to each other.

One other thing that confuses me, you had the dealer install these items, and then you had to clean up afterwards? The dealer did not wash and clean your bike?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:22 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't remember what they're for, but they're not in use on stock / stage 1. They shouldn't necessarily be dangling... There's a connector they "snap" to somewhere... I'm pretty sure that connector came off at one point when installing the SE cleaner, but was reattached.

Geez, I might have to run out and take a look at it... In any case, they're not used.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Those are most likley for the international version. They have a trap door in the air cleaner that is electronically controlled. I have similiar wires hanging on my wide glide that were clipped to the back of the stock air cleaner.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:23 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, I suppose that's it. I took a flashlight out and looked closely, and they are capped and not being used. Doesn't look like they were knocked loose during the install. Crisis averted....

Old 06-29-2011, 06:59 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Pastor John
Yeah, I suppose that's it. I took a flashlight out and looked closely, and they are capped and not being used. Doesn't look like they were knocked loose during the install. Crisis averted....
That's exactly what they are. When you had the stock air cleaner there was a clip that held them in place.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:22 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by nvsteve
When you had the stock air cleaner there was a clip that held them in place.
Yep you are correct.The connector on mine is just hanging also because of the filter swap.
I have to remove the tank and tie the connector to something.