Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternatives to Brightasslight?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a pair of hyperlights for the rear, I went with the ones that only come on when the brakes are applied, this way it will grab the attention of people behind me. Hyperlights also makes running lights and brake light combo...this is good to. I have an Ultra Classic so there are a bunch of lights at the rear, I just wanted brake lights to be more of an attention grabber.

The ones I got are 16 LEDS per unit 2 rows of 8 and they are mounted on either side of my license plate. here is a link http://http://www.motorcyclelighting.com/

I like mine and get compliments on how bright there are and how well they work all the time.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

The HD R/T/B module is a simple install and it comes with red lenses. (Amber running lights to the rear are not legal.)
There is no need for load equalizers because it uses your oem single filament bulb. The current is divided by the module to give two levels of brightness so as to effectively provide running and brake lights from the same lamp.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 AM
streetglide44
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Custom dynamics for sure. People hate riding behind me at night, bright as Hell. Get run brake conversion too. Lifetime warranty is a plus too.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Rhetor
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jberg
The HD R/T/B module is a simple install and it comes with red lenses. (Amber running lights to the rear are not legal.)
Did not know that amber running lights in the rear are not legal . . . my scoot came stock with smoked lenses all around . . . I am looking at the Bal3ST because it would complete the smoke set of lenses all the way around . . . the only lens in red that came stock on the 03 SERK was the tail light . . . all the rest were smoked lenses . . . hate the idea of going to red lenses with a smoke colored BAL . . .

Maybe I should leave the brake-run-turn module off so that I can go with all smoke lenses?

Thoughts?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got a Bal 1 and run it on #2. Any more than that and it's just as inconsiderate as driving with your high beams on all the time.

Warn the people behind you, don't blind 'em.