Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternatives to Brightasslight?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:14 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

One guy I ride with has the Brightass light, another the Kury panacia, and another has the custom dynamics. The running light on the Brightass light is brighter than the brake on the others. When braking next to his they don't even look like they're on. I'll be getting the Brightass light soon.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:20 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BAL-1 here. It is programmable with a magnet for different brightness (DOT and NOT DOT levels) and for flash patterns. It is VERY effective and looks just like stock. Also added the run/turn/break module to turn my rear turn signals into run/break lights. It is just a plug in module from the dealer. Then I added the tourpak LED run/turn/brake light. My rear has a lot of light and most people stop far back from me... most. I think some realize if they get closer, the light isn't as bright. Upfront, have the stock RG headlights. Probably going to add the RG kury running lights... ok rambling... I really believe the BAL and run turn is the way to go. You get LED, brightness, and flashing that is all programmable. I have another xxxx LED tail light and it just doesn't compare.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:38 PM
drew4jan
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I have the Kuryakyn Panacea with the smoke turn signals. All three flash three times brightly when I brake.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Rhetor
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JollyRogers
BAL-1 here. It is programmable with a magnet for different brightness (DOT and NOT DOT levels) and for flash patterns. It is VERY effective and looks just like stock. Also added the run/turn/break module to turn my rear turn signals into run/break lights. It is just a plug in module from the dealer. Then I added the tourpak LED run/turn/brake light. My rear has a lot of light and most people stop far back from me... most. I think some realize if they get closer, the light isn't as bright. Upfront, have the stock RG headlights. Probably going to add the RG kury running lights... ok rambling... I really believe the BAL and run turn is the way to go. You get LED, brightness, and flashing that is all programmable. I have another xxxx LED tail light and it just doesn't compare.
Do you have the run-turn-brake module from Kury or HD?

Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

I use these from Ride time technologies....
http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/tail_sr.htm

I have had them for a year or so. Bright with about 110 LEDs and cheaper the BAL.
Also running these on the rear fender tip. http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/ft_48led.htm

Last edited by The Old Man; 06-28-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:35 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AXIXTECH Xtreme Series Dual Color 9 Diode

(DXLED09B) AXIXTECH Xtreme Series Dual Color 9 Diode

Try these. If they don't work nothing will. I have them on my filler panels between the fender and the bags. I also have the brightass tail light. That's as far as I'm going with it, some people will hit you no matter what you do. These are brighter than the taillight. You don't need the dual color, the single are cheaper.

(DXLED09B) AXIXTECH Xtreme Series Dual Color 9 Diode Surface Mount Modules - NEW MODEL NOW IN STOCK! NEW 5 WIRE VERSION DESIGNATES SPECIFIC COLOR TO SPECIFIC WIRE/LEAD. NO MORE GUESSING IF THE MOMENTARY SWITCH WAS PUSHED CORRECTLY! Dual color LED technology! Diode actually change color. Axixtech Extreme Optix provide superior off axis light dispersement. Use one color, or both depending on the situation. One light can serve two functions. Available in Amber/Blue, Amber/Red, Red/Blue (choose at purchase)
12-24vdc - 5.8W x 2.2D x 1.2H

http://www.koolglo.com/strobes/html/surface_mounts.html

Last edited by jjnoble; 06-28-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got all LED's for the back from www.chromeglow.com The pic is with the new led's installed and they get even brighter with the brakes applied. My riding buddies all said holyc&*p about how well I can be seen from the back. It's all the same lights Custom dynamics sells just a little cheaper. I also have both run/turn/brake mods for the signals as well as the tour pak lights.

Attached Thumbnails Alternatives to Brightasslight?-img_0095.jpg  
Old 06-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Rhetor
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! What great ideas . . . after considering, here is what I think will work for me . . . BAL-3ST (all of my lenses are smoked on the bike).

And then add the run-turn-brake module. (Should I get the HD one or the Kuryakyn one?)

I have a stock factory alarm on my SERK. Will I need to get the load equalizer module? If so, HD or Kury?

Thanks for all the help!

Old 06-29-2011, 07:00 AM
dnitram
Road Master

I've used Kisan for years and transfer their parts to another scoot if I sell or trade.

Here's a link if you're interested - Good folks and always ask for a discount

https://www.kisantech.com/

Old 06-29-2011, 07:40 AM
JollyRogers
Road Master

Originally Posted by Rhetor
Do you have the run-turn-brake module from Kury or HD?
HD. It works no problem. I put it after the Y for the tourpak LED run/turn/brake and it seems to work fine for my blinker lights as run/turn/brake (which are NOT LED). Factory alarm has not acted funny either.

Last edited by JollyRogers; 06-29-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Alternatives to Brightasslight?