Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question, Power commander or radio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question, Power commander or radio?

Ok so, here is what i have. I currently have a 2009 FLHT. I installed a stage 1 AC kit and SE Exhaust. So, i now have an option, get the power commander 5 from fuel moto or a stereo kit with speakers. I just am curious what you all suggest. i am new to these bikes, perviously owned a 2006 Dyna. I really enjoy music, but not sure if the stereo would be useable at highways speeds. Again, just curious what you would suggest.
Thanks for your time.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:46 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buy the tuner....bought a h/k stereo for my 08 flht and never turn it on..fills the hole nicely tho... i turn it on now and then and after a few minutes turn it off and enjoy the pipes and the breeze..sounds like **** and just makes no sense to me .(must be old) thus the geezer glide

Old 06-28-2011, 12:03 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take care of your bike first, and your listening pleasure second. If you've already got the intake you need to richen up your AFR so you're not running even leaner than stock. You can always get a stereo, but you don't want to run the risk of burnt valves etc...

Old 06-28-2011, 04:47 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You already started the stage 1 upgrade, finish it with a tuner.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Copyless
Supporter

Whenever I am faced with a difficult decision like this one, I usually just buy both, this always solves my decision making problem. It sometimes causes other problem, but the decision problem is gone. So I say, BUY BOTH.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:29 AM
usmc3468
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Copyless
Whenever I am faced with a difficult decision like this one, I usually just buy both, this always solves my decision making problem. It sometimes causes other problem, but the decision problem is gone. So I say, BUY BOTH.
+1 Problem Solved.........

Old 06-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Stanger
Road Master

Thanks for all the replies. I like the idea of buying both, and depending on how things go, that may be what happens, but if not, the tuner will be the first, through Fuel Moto. Again, Thanks for the Replies.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:55 AM
MrHog
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Take care of your bike first, and your listening pleasure second. If you've already got the intake you need to richen up your AFR so you're not running even leaner than stock. You can always get a stereo, but you don't want to run the risk of burnt valves etc...
+1

You want to keep the bike running in top notch to prevent further damage and another expense that could have been prevented. Mechanicals first and show/music second. Just my .02 cents.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Stanger
Road Master

Well after thinking about it, listening to all the suggestions here, I was able to make enough off my ebay sales and extra Mustang parts that I just bought both, tuner from Fuel Moto and the biketronics FLHT retro kit with slightly upgraded stereo with 100W upgraded Hertz speakers. Funny, just when you think you are done spending money on the dang scoot, someone shows you something that well MUST go on the ride! LOL I am going to quit looking on here, too many cool ideas..... that cost money.....
Ya ok, not really....

Old 06-30-2011, 04:51 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's one of the strangest questions I've ever seen. What problem are you trying to solve? Figure it out and that should direct your decision. If you can't figure out what your priorities are then why do you think anyone here can help?

Of course the flip answer would be to say - they're both "tuners"!

Quick Reply: Question, Power commander or radio?