Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohlins #6 Installed on SG

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011 | 11:24 AM
Strick
Cruiser

Where are the prices? I have completed the order form and am VERY ready to get these POS air shocks off my '10 FLHX. Also about how long to receive the order (not in a hurry, just curious).

Old 08-27-2011 | 11:41 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Wink

Originally Posted by Strick
Where are the prices? I have completed the order form and am VERY ready to get these POS air shocks off my '10 FLHX. Also about how long to receive the order (not in a hurry, just curious).
I really advise you to pick up the phone and talk to Howard. He offers a discount to HDF members and will answer all your questions, as well as ask you a few! He will let you know about price and delivery.

Old 08-27-2011 | 12:30 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
I really advise you to pick up the phone and talk to Howard. He offers a discount to HDF members and will answer all your questions, as well as ask you a few! He will let you know about price and delivery.
does howard have a toll free number for Canada.... ure emails scaring me he like to alot... im leaning towards the 3's... noboday local here even heard of Ohlins...still doing me research...

Old 08-27-2011 | 12:37 PM
grbrown
Club Member

Originally Posted by papifun
does howard have a toll free number for Canada.... ure emails scaring me he like to alot... im leaning towards the 3's... noboday local here even heard of Ohlins...still doing me research...
I have no idea - I spoke to him for about an hour from the UK! You could email him with your queries instead. His contact details are on his website. You can't spend as much on the phone as you will save with buying Ohlins from him, so you will be quids in, be assured!

All recent BMW bikes have Ohlins, as well as many Yamahas. I believe Ohlins are now owned by Yamaha.

Old 08-27-2011 | 01:08 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
I have no idea - I spoke to him for about an hour from the UK! You could email him with your queries instead. His contact details are on his website. You can't spend as much on the phone as you will save with buying Ohlins from him, so you will be quids in, be assured!

All recent BMW bikes have Ohlins, as well as many Yamahas. I believe Ohlins are now owned by Yamaha.
Yamaha bought Ohlins in 1985 and sold them back to the swedish investors in 2005, they learned a lot about damping during that time and they use that knowledge on their factory race suspensions. Probably even took some techs and engineers with them after the sale.

Old 01-03-2012 | 09:43 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by darobertson
Yes. I tried to find an alternate location on multiple occassions; but I couldn't really come up with anything creative that would be clean because of the hose. I thought about inverting the reservoir to hang below the rail; but the mouting bracket for the antennea was still in the way. In the end I just bought the relocation kit for $25 and went with what the ohlin instructions showed.

You might be able to get away with hanging them just below the rear saddlebag mounting bracket (just in front of the antennea bracket). Unfortunately, it wasn't something I could try because my shocks are laid down a couple of inches with the lowering kit and the needed room just wasn't there for me to feel comfortable. But if you would be mounting the shocks in the stock locations I would definitely give it a shot. I really liked the stock antennea location.
Daro... can you post a few photos of your Ohlin 6's installed with the relocation kit pls..

Old 02-15-2012 | 03:16 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by darobertson
Here you go.

#6's for me!!! Thanks for posting the pictures. I wasnt sure if they would mount clean on a SG hidden. Im going to order a set soon. Thanks for the link Howard.

Old 02-23-2012 | 01:24 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member

Im getting 6'sall myself for my 09 SG. Talked to howard this morning. Do u think I will have any issues with the shock hitting my fat cat exhaust pipe?

Old 02-23-2012 | 01:54 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by hog95023
Im getting 6'sall myself for my 09 SG. Talked to howard this morning. Do u think I will have any issues with the shock hitting my fat cat exhaust pipe?
You shouldn't have a problem. Sent the money to Howard for the #6 this morning. Should have them in a few days.

Old 02-23-2012 | 04:06 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kesean
You shouldn't have a problem. Sent the money to Howard for the #6 this morning. Should have them in a few days.
I have to print out the build sheet when I get home from work. Is there any reason why I need to indicate the length of shock from eye to eye if the 6's come standard in one size only and can upgrade to taller if wanted?

Quick Reply: Ohlins #6 Installed on SG