Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totaled out my 07 EG Classic

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:24 PM
IzzoQuazzo
|
Retired Admin
Veteran: Army
Default RE: Totaled out my 07 EG Classic

ORIGINAL: millzog

So does the radio still work ? [sm=joke.gif] Glad to hear your on the mend and ready to ride again. Bikes can be replaced ..... but you can`t ! Take it eazy .
Yeah, the radio was blaring away. The County Mounty had to turn it off. I had a 70's rock station on full blast.

DDubya

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:26 PM
IzzoQuazzo
|
Retired Admin

ORIGINAL: vtxed

Why not a new bike again, doesn't your insurance take care of it. Glad you still want to ride and most of all still with us.

Steve
Insurance paid all but about $1500. I have some medical bills to take care of so I can't afford a new bike right now. I figure I'll get a good used one and go for a new one in a couple years.

DDubya

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:28 PM
mwkyzer
Novice

Bummer on your crash. Now you get to join us and wear a pair of broken wings on your vest. Not much consolation, but shows you have ridin the "hard miles." Good luck with your new sled.

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:28 PM
IzzoQuazzo
|
Retired Admin

ORIGINAL: Qball

Glad your doing ok. I totalled my EG Standard last year with 2000 miles on it [:@] Some idiot cut me off. Totalled the car too! Broke my back and scraped top of head off on utility pole. Got back on with a new bike, and now I watch every friggin thing around me.

Oh yeah.....always wear my HELMET now !!!!!
Glad to hear you're ok. Yeah, I'll wear a helmet from now on. By the way, I left my $200 Harley 4 seasons jacket home that day. It has armor in the elbows, shoulders and back.
Almost every place I was hurt, except for the road rash on my head.

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:30 PM
IzzoQuazzo
|
Retired Admin

ORIGINAL: Bill918

Laid my RK down on a highway by Giant Stadium about 2 months ago. A car was stopped in the middle lane for absolutely no reason at night, right over a hillcrest. Had nowhere to go. I faired much better than you. About 2k to he bike, a broken rib, tons of black and blues, and a bruised ego. Glad your here to tell us about it and hope you continue to mend.
Thanks, same to you. I started this thread because I felt it was something we all need to know and talk about. A lot of us have survived some nasty spills. We need to share it with our brothers and sisters riding out there.

DDubya

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:47 PM
wldhogn
Tourer

Good luck to you .. we've all been there, some of us worst than others but for some reason it doesn't take away our spirit to get out on another Harley as soon as we can. Wear that helmet and keep your eyes open .. you never know what's around that next bend in the road. Good luck on finding your next Harley and taking care of those medical bills!! Keep us updated on the new one and post some pics when you get it.

Old 11-05-2006 | 04:09 PM
Xtreme Hawg
Elite HDF Member

Sorry to hear about your crash, glad to see your getting back on your feet...

Old 11-05-2006 | 04:25 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

Man that is such a shame about that new bike. Even though its gone, its good that you made it.. and are getting back into the saddle again. Good on you. Hope that your recovery is 100% and quick too.

Ram

Old 11-08-2006 | 11:43 PM
392heminut
Road Captain

I went down on my Ultra 2 weeks ago, broken shoulderblade, 8 broken ribs and a collapsed lung. The bike has basically just cosmetic damage and will be fixed. Eight weeks in the recliner huh? I'm still in the recliner, but I'm hoping it won't be eight weeks! Last night was the first night I made it through the whole night without waking up. My doc said he is amazed at how well I'm getting around already considering the damage I have. I say I'm just tough, the wife says I'm just stubborn! The worst part of this whole ordeal has been dealing with the *$^&%# insurance companies!

Old 11-08-2006 | 11:52 PM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Quick Reply: Totaled out my 07 EG Classic