Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[b]HELP! DEALER Just scared the crap out of my wife![/b]

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011 | 01:27 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member

Hell, a lot of dealers try and weasel out of warranty work anyway.

Old 06-25-2011 | 01:28 PM
xkvator
Tourer

Twrguy...youre in Florida, where one of the best tuners in the country lives...

give him a call...

www.docsperformancetuning.com

Old 06-25-2011 | 01:34 PM
VTGlideRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
incorrect in regards to modifications that deviate from factory spec. The act simply states that a manufacturer can not mandate the use of OEM parts or services that are not provided for free. So you can use non OEM oil as long as it meets the spec of weight. You can use non oem brake pads as long as they are equiv pads. But you can not change the design of a vehicle boosting it's horsepower, changing it's EPA rating, etc, and expect to get protection from the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act .
Actually it is misleading to make a blanket statement like that. You are correct in your statement if the problem is performance related...for example, you flash the ECM outside of factory spec (which is EPA compliant) and then you go to the dealer complaining of your bike's MPG being low, running badly, etc., or there is any kind of engine problem. However, if you go to the dealer because of a defect with the fairing, or the HK stereo, the act would still protect you as your reflash of the ECM had nothing to do with the problem related to the warranty claim.

That is why I suggested something like the PC-V which, once removed, in most cases leaves no trace of its being there. Also, the dealer's attitude and willingness to work with you has a lot to do with the final outcome. The dealer the OP went to obviously is not interested in being cooperative.

Last edited by VTGlideRider; 06-25-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2011 | 02:05 PM
oldwildwally
Tourer

Why is it that wives will always believe the opinion of some nameless faceless guy on the internet over what thier husbands are saying ?

Just wondering

Old 06-25-2011 | 02:11 PM
VTGlideRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by oldwildwally
Why is it that wives will always believe the opinion of some nameless faceless guy on the internet over what thier husbands are saying ?
Have you also noticed that you can tell your wife/significant other something and she won't even pay attention to you, but let a friend or co-worker tell her the exact same thing and suddenly its this revelation from on high that must be true?!

Old 06-25-2011 | 02:23 PM
Twrguy
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by oldwildwally

Just wondering

Old 06-25-2011 | 02:26 PM
Twrguy
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by xkvator
Twrguy...youre in Florida, where one of the best tuners in the country lives...

give him a call...

www.docsperformancetuning.com
Thanks X,
I was planning on going to Winter Haven and I have heard of Doc, I did not know he was in Fl. Sounds Like a plan!!

Old 06-25-2011 | 02:38 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member

I'm a member of a diesel forum & we have a sayin there in regards to bombs we do to our diesel trucks....Gonna play, you've got to be prepared to pay! With that said, I changed plenty on my Cummins before the warranty was up & the same goes for my 08 Softail & now my bagger. You just gotta accept it & go for it or wait for the warranty to run out. Simple as that. Good luck with your decision. I say go for the PC-V & have Doc tune it for you.

Old 06-25-2011 | 02:51 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member

best forget the power vision , if you have a flat tire 20 years from now it will be because of it and you know the wife is always right, LOL good luck

Old 06-25-2011 | 03:36 PM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member

buy the woman some jewelry, and take her out to diner and a movie..and she will forget all about it...the problem is not the fact that you are improving your bike, its that you are spending money on yourself and not her...

or as my wife says....Ok honey enough of me talking about me all the time ..Sooo what do you think about me???

Quick Reply: [b]HELP! DEALER Just scared the crap out of my wife![/b]