Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brightasslights

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:35 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you call my buddy Kevin at HRHD he can hook you up with the BAL for a pretty good discount and ship it anywhere 757-872-7223..Mine is REALLY annoying!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Airborne Limited
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the BAL and the turn signal conversion kit. Love 'em. Actually had a guy in a van pull up to me at a traffic light a few weeks ago and tell me how much he liked them and that they really got his attention.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Rhetor
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne Limited
I have the BAL and the turn signal conversion kit. Love 'em. Actually had a guy in a van pull up to me at a traffic light a few weeks ago and tell me how much he liked them and that they really got his attention.
I am gonna go ahead and get the BAL-3ST and the run-turn-brake module (Kury or Hd? which should I get?)

Since I will have the BAL-3ST and a run-turn-brake model . . . and there is now a factory alarm system on it . . . will I need the load equalizer too for the install?

You all have me looking forward to this!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:01 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the BAL and the run, park, stop module and DO NOT have a load equalizer. It works great without a load equalizer.

I get comments all the time on the Bright *** Light. I have it on level 3.

One night I had the opportunity to ride a good friends bike and he rode mine back to my house. I followed him. All I can say is WOW!!! that light is killer bright, and very annoying. LOL

Someone would have to be totally blind or not looking at all not to see it.

In my opinion the BAL is one of the best safety upgrades you can do to your bike.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Rhetor
Cruiser

I am going for the BAL3ST because it is smoked color . . . the 03 SERK came with all smoked lenses, except for the tailight.

But, someone just told me that if I go with the run, brake, turn module . . . then as running lights . . . I hav to put on the red lenses on the rear turnsignal to be legal . . . true?

If so, then do I also have to have a red BAL tail light instead of the smoked one?

I was wanting to have all smoked lenses, by changing out to the BAL smoke colored light . . .

Thoughts?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:52 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhetor
I am going for the BAL3ST because it is smoked color . . . the 03 SERK came with all smoked lenses, except for the tailight.

But, someone just told me that if I go with the run, brake, turn module . . . then as running lights . . . I hav to put on the red lenses on the rear turnsignal to be legal . . . true?

If so, then do I also have to have a red BAL tail light instead of the smoked one?

I was wanting to have all smoked lenses, by changing out to the BAL smoke colored light . . .

Thoughts?
The smoke taillight lights red. You can put red bulbs in the turn indicators with smoke lenses. There is a clear bulb that lights red for the turn indicators. And yes, technically your turn indicators need to light red if you are using the RBT module.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:58 AM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhetor

Thoughts?

I don't know about the legality of having all smoked lenses on the rear.

But I know that the red lenses do show up better, they are more visible than the smoked lenses.

What I did was smoked the front fender tip light and front turn signals, I left the rear all red. I wanted to keep the rear as visible as possible.

With the red BAL, and the red run, park, stop module lenses the rear is very bright and gets attention.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have mine on the original intensity setting. I've been afraid to go any higher. I don't want to attract Johnny Law

Old 06-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Rhetor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
The smoke taillight lights red. You can put red bulbs in the turn indicators with smoke lenses. There is a clear bulb that lights red for the turn indicators. And yes, technically your turn indicators need to light red if you are using the RBT module.
Thanks, IAMSWUTIAMS . . . that is a solution I can live with . . . smoked BAL, and a clear bulb that lights red under the smoked turn indicators . . . anybody got that part number on the clear bulbs that turn red?

Old 06-29-2011, 11:31 AM
LetItRide
Cruiser

I bought 2 BAL-1's in March - one for our Sportster and one for our Limited.
Incredible difference between them and the stock lights.

I especially wanted them for the Sportster - since it has a lot less lights in the back than the Limited.

Some of the patterns would probably induce epileptic seizures ;-)

Jim

Quick Reply: Brightasslights