Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Brembo front brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:35 PM
don g
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up 09 Brembo front brakes

Ever since I bought my 09 RK I haven't been able to get comfortable using the front brakes when stopping. I usually use both brakes when stopping but in some circumstances, especially when riding with a passenger and stopping coming down a hill I need to use the front brake for the final stopping to get my feet on the ground. The control zone of the Brembo pads is so small that it can feel their either on or off making stopping not as smooth as I'd like. After researching the forum and talking with the people at Lyndall brakes I thought I would try their brake pads. They recommended the Z-Plus pads and they work great. They have plenty of grip to stop the bike when necessary and the control zone is much larger allowing me to stop smoothly when using the front brake. Just thought I would pass this on in case anyone else is looking for options. It's so nice to ride the bike with normal braking.

Last edited by don g; 06-24-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:56 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

This is the first post that I have read with commnets like yours. Brembo brakes and pads are very good.

To me it sounds like more and issue of friction zone, slow speed balance and timing.

Just my opinion.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

..I really like the difference in braking power with the Lyndal Gold series pads I put on a month ago, compared to how the bike stopped with stock pads on...I will stick with Lyndall for the future..

Old 06-24-2011, 07:09 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't notice a difference except for the buzz with my rotors with the lyndall gold. Dust is just as bad as the stockers. I use a ton of front brake stopping. I had lyndall pads with floating rotors on my race bike but I'll be going back to the stock pads on thenext change.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:10 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,630 Likes on 22,714 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish
This is the first post that I have read with commnets like yours. Brembo brakes and pads are very good.

To me it sounds like more and issue of friction zone, slow speed balance and timing.

Just my opinion.
No issues here either..
Best brakes I've ever had, and no they are not ABS either.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:41 PM
rags-46
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 09 rk is the best breaking hd i ever had, no abs

Old 06-25-2011, 03:03 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

Every Hd I ever had the brakes sucked. UNTIL I got my 2011 ABS. You can tell the difference with the Brembo without the ABS working.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:50 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brembo makes some of the best OEM and after-market brake systems in the world. If they didn't, they wouldn't be used for street performance (Ferrari, Porsche, etc.) and racing performance vehicles the world over.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Talk to the dealer about an computer bleed.... the brakes on my 11 were not as nice as my 08, both had ABS...until they did the computer bleed

Old 06-27-2011, 10:33 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish

Just my opinion.
I tend to agree, the brembos on my 09 are awesome, stopping two up with only the front brake, very strong but with nice smooth progressive action

Quick Reply: 09 Brembo front brakes