Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rockford fosgate punch amp is out!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 12:59 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default rockford fosgate punch amp is out!!!!

Rockford 344 wat t / Four Channel Amplifiers
Check out the latest from Paul Yaffe’s Bagger Nation! After years of R&D we now offer our 300 watt / 4 channel amplifier that retails for under $200!! Rockford
Fosgates newest technology is unique to the industry and allows us to pack 86 peak watts per channel into this incredible sounding, yet super compact premium amplifier package. Measuring out at 1.5 thin x 6.77 long and 4.25 wide our new amp is just a bit larger that two packs of cigarettes!! The BRT amps (boost rail technology) have separate gain and frequency controls, high low level controls which makes them completely tunable. Our new amps are easy to install and they’ll fit inside your fairing with ease!

Part# - RF344 / Price: $199.99

Old 06-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

I wonder if they are actually shipping though.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes, they're shipping. Rec'd an email today from my vendor; mine should be in my hands Monday or Tuesday next week.

Here's the link to RF's updated website on the amp:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...en_US&p_status

The amp comes with mounting hardware as well as the harnesses for inputs and outputs. This is the link to the owner's manual w/ installation instructions:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftec...BRT4ch-MAN.pdf

You'll need to supply the amp's power, ground, and remote wires. RF sells a kit with those plus speaker wire.

Carl

Old 06-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Yes, they're shipping. Rec'd an email today from my vendor; mine should be in my hands Monday or Tuesday next week.

Here's the link to RF's updated website on the amp:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...en_US&p_status

The amp comes with mounting hardware as well as the harnesses for inputs and outputs. This is the link to the owner's manual w/ installation instructions:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftec...BRT4ch-MAN.pdf

You'll need to supply the amp's power, ground, and remote wires. RF sells a kit with those plus speaker wire.

Carl
Cool. I wish I had the need for one. If they could be bridged, I would just go ahead and get one and run it bridged for now until I added more speakers later down the road. So, for now I'll just stick to my ARC mini.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:03 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Is it so simple a caveman can install it?

Old 06-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
They all are.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:43 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Twi$t
They all are.
I don't know about ALL of them !

Old 06-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 151 Posts

Good deal so I should have mine in hand soon....

Old 06-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Check-out the installation instructions in the link above. It is necessary to run the amp's main power wire to the battery and have an in-line fuse w/in 18" of the battery connection. RF sells a kit with the necessary power, ground, and remote wiring:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...9&locale=en_US

Running the power wire from the amp to the battery requires the gas tank to be removed or simply lifted. This is nothing unique to the RF amp; this is how manufactures recommend the power wire be routed; i.e., from the amp to the + battery terminal.

The amp's ground wire should be short; and, there is a ground stud to use on the lower tripple tree easily accessed by removing the fairing cap on the EG and SG models.

Since my HK installation uses high level (speaker) inputs to the amp, I'll disconnect the speaker wire spade connectors at the speakers and connect them to the input harness RF supplies with the amp. That harness has RCA connectors which aren't compatible with the OEM wiring, so those will be cut-off per the instructions with the amp (or I'll leave them in-place and splice the appropriate speaker wires in the harness; leaving the RCA's in place would be done in case I later choose to have pre-amp outputs added to the HK by Iron Cross Audio). I'll either use mating female spade connectors for connecting the OEM speaker wires, or simply splice/solder/heat shrink the connectors. Butt splice connectors is another way to make the OEM speaker wire to RF input harness connections.

As I've said before, I'm not a tech or audio professional/guy; but I've read more than a few manufacturer's installation instructions, done what's reflected above with my own previous amp installations on my bike, and found audio information from this website to be useful:

http://www.bcae1.com/

I expect to start a thread on my RF amp installation with pictures. And hope others will do the same due to the differences that may be encountered based on model, year, speaker placement, etc.

Carl

Old 06-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
I don't know about ALL of them !
At least for me, they all are. Mobile audio installation is a piece of cake.

Quick Reply: rockford fosgate punch amp is out!!!!