Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't figure out how to install the Police solo seat on my 2010 RKC

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Dale_K
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I can't figure out how to install the Police solo seat on my 2010 RKC

Where does the air tank mount?

I bought a solo police seat from some nice people near Chicago and it came off a 2010 police Road King. It seems to have all the parts and I understand the seat pivot, etc but I don't see where the air tank can fit on my 2010 RKC. I tried to find a spot somewhere around the battery box but there's not enough room in front of the battery because of all the wiring harnesses.

The length of the air tubing (about 18") made me think the air tank might fit somewhere farther away but I don't see any blank holes that match the spacing of the mounting bolts on the tank.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:15 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

The air tank was mounted under the radio box mount that was located behind the seat. The mount is the same as the tour pack mount. I had my police seat for a while and relocated the air bottle to the saddle bag. Pretty easy, just cut a small notch for the air line and tape the bottle to the inside of the bag.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:16 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

police bikes had a lugage rack with a radio box on it,the air tank mounts on the bottom of the rack.. basically it is the tour pack chrome frame with a flat steel plate on top of it.. the best place to hide it is probably inside of a bag if you dont have the rack

Old 06-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Medicjaycook
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the rack and radio box plate that the tank mounts up too, I took it off my 2009 because I hated the way It looked. seat is hella comfy, but i hated the way the rack and plate looked. if you dont care about looks pm me and we can work something out for the plate

Old 06-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Dale_K
Tourer

I sent you a PM.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:58 PM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

If you don't have ABS you could mount it in the tray under the right side cover.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:40 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

geezer beat me to it. I would try mounting under the right side cover. If the gauge is in the way you ma be able to angle the gauge with an elbow or something.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Some guys relocate the tank to inside one of the saddlebags. If you place the tank beneath the right side cover, you might have to remove the gauge from the tank. The gauge isn't necessary, and after awhile, you'll be able to add air just by feel.

You probably wouldn't want the tank located in the original location. There's a reason (ugly) why so many guys move that tank, even if it means giving up space inside a saddlebag.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

There was also a post many moons ago where a guy mounted the tank between the saddlebag and the fender on the right side. Presuming you have the dual-rail saddlebag guards (Ultra & Police style), if you look where the two rails are bolted to the bike, it was there that he mounted the tank. Pretty clean I remember. He may have mounted them using Adell clamps.
Even though I also removed my Police seat set-up from my '09, I have to admit, it was THE most comfortable seat I've ever ridden on. Riding for hours felt like riding for minutes.
Good luck.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:12 AM
getty30188
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a site called retired police bikes dot com. Look under the modification section. There is some good posts of tank relo places. Even one that eliminates the tank altogether

Quick Reply: I can't figure out how to install the Police solo seat on my 2010 RKC