Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Angled valve stem issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Astro
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Angled valve stem issue

I have an '07 Ultra Classic with stock,factory whels.. Yesterday I had a new tire installed. I had ordered a set of these angled valve stems (www.motorcycleanchor.com) to help with access to tire pressure. I left the bike to have the new rear tire installed and gave them the valve stem to install while the tire was off. When I pick the bike up they hand me the valve stem and tell me they did not install it because it will not seal against the wheel correctly. He said they have tried them before and there is just enough curvature that the stem will not seal.
Has anybody else had any experience with these?
I purchased these based upon other threads I had read and sure don't remember reading that the wheel needed any modification for these.

Thanks!
Don

Old 06-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That site is down due to the death of the owner, but if the valve stems you got from him are the same as the ones shown on kurveygirl.com/shop/index.php?cPath=27 they're the same as the ones I've had on my '07 Road Glide since the first tire change. I've never had a problem with 'em.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:15 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a set of the angled stems sitting in the tool box waiting for the next tire change. I'll be interested to know what you come up with on this.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:45 PM
matt86m
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reminder! I am getting new tires tomorrow and will pick up a set. Had them on a couple of other bikes, no issues

Old 06-22-2011, 09:26 PM
bikehe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using the Kurvey girl ones too. 30,000 k'S on both tyres and no issues, but I may replace them with another set at my next tyre change just so I know the rubber seal behind them is new. The Kurvey girl valve stems have a rubber that seals very well due to its design.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:19 PM
ReidRik_Von
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I just received my valves from http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/tire_valves/index.htm and they appear to be the same items that are available from curveygirl.com. I have an 09 FLHP with 5 star wheels:

The packaging says that is for use with 11.3MM diameter. Has anyone been able to install these valves on this specific wheel? My plan was to keep the valves in the saddle bag until the tires needed to be replaced or I got a flat.

THx!

Old 06-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The ones I have on my '07 came from Motorcycle Anchor. I only used the Kurvey Girl reference since the other site was down & had no photo's.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

I have these also sitting in the tool box waiting for new tires to be installed shortly.

Do you suppose just maybe they (dealer) FORGOT to install them and this is their
bs way out of it?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Gordon65
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've got 7k miles on the motorcycle anchor ones, with no issues...

Old 06-23-2011, 09:18 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I am interested to find the answer to this as well. I hate the way that the valve stem is almost unreachable in the wheel. It was my plan to install angled ones as well.

Quick Reply: Angled valve stem issue