Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple road trips

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Couple road trips

I got a couple road trips coming up and looking for some advice on roads to take. With my work I am limited to 4 day trips so cant do everything.

First trip we are heading up to Milwaukee to go to the Harley museum. The trip up will be highway since we will have about 600 miles to cover to get there.

After we are done in Milwaukee we are going to head down to Chicago so this day is the day we are looking for some good riding to do.

Second trip is to the Smoky Mountains. Again this is just a 4 day trip which only gives us 2 days there which I know isnt enough but its all we got.

First day there will be a friday so going to hit the Dragons tail early then the Cherhola Skyway and some other things in that area. I have made this run before but the guy going with me hasnt.

2nd day is what I cant decide on. If you only had 2 days what would your second day be.

Thanks for any tips

Old 06-22-2011, 10:33 AM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Blue Ridge Parkway and side roads. Maggie Valley is always interesting and biker friendly.
Just riding in that area of the country is great..

Joe

Old 06-22-2011, 11:10 AM
UltraTheo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your second day between Milwaukee and Chicago won't be real long because that is the day you're doing the museum I assume? Lake Geneva area is really nice in south-east Wisconsin.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:16 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The second day in Milwaukee will be museum and some other stuff. We are not going to head to Chicago till the third day so we will have all day to ride.

I was figuring Blue Ridge parkway would be the best thing for the 2nd day there.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:30 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Wish I could help you. Always exciting to plan out a trip. Wife and I are headed to Monterey this weekend. Can't wait! No matter what route you choose, I'm sure it will be a blast. Have a great trip!

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone: