Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Advise

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011 | 07:54 PM
BlackeyCoveR
|
Cruiser
Default Seat Advise

Hi everyone. I just bought a 2011 Road King and a new member. It's my first street bike and I am on cloud 9! I am looking for seat advise. I am happy with the stock seat but want to get something that looks sportier and is comfortable enough for around town riding. My thought is to keep the stock seat to switch out for longer trips. I was looking at the HD Badlander but am open to suggestions. Thanks!

Old 06-21-2011 | 08:10 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member

Lots of seat recomendations if you search. I like Corbin but some don't. It certainly fits
looks sportier and is comfortable
IMHO.

Old 06-21-2011 | 08:17 PM
FXBadass
Tourer

Hey Blackey!

Unless someone else chimes in, there are no sporty looking comfortable seats out there.

My second seat was the Badlander, and after 60 mi of cruising, you will find out why it is called that. My new Mustang tripper is just the same after today's ride. I mainly got it for looks, and to have a 2 piece seat.

My wife got the mustang vintage solo wide with seat back, and can now go all day long as she just got rid of her Lepera bare bones.

Old 06-21-2011 | 08:24 PM
Ben E
Road Captain

+1 on the Mustang vintage solo with backrest for a 2011 road king. My advise is to think about handlebars as well. Most Rk owners eventually swap the stock bars. It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing with buying the seat or doing the bars first. Mustand will put you up and forward a tiny bit.

Old 06-21-2011 | 08:28 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

I had the Mustang vintage solo on my last bike. I put about 50,000 miles on it and loved it. I also ran the wide pillion with it and my wife was very happy with it.

Old 06-21-2011 | 08:53 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member

Mustang makes some nice seats check them, and the H-D parts book will do the same.

Old 06-21-2011 | 09:17 PM
sgnden
Road Master

I have messed around with quite few options.

I ended-up with a C&C Sport Touring for around town and day trips. It is a great seat and you can get it looking just as you want. Chuck is a great guy to deal with too.

Then I went with a Sundowner for a while for the long trips, but ended-up with a Mustang Super Touring seat and absolutely LOVE it for the long haul.

This is a very subjective thing and, like bars, pipes, ac, etc, etc, you'll find hundreds of posts using the search function if you want to go nuts reading.

And - MOST importantly - WELCOME!!

Old 06-21-2011 | 09:22 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

I had a corbin Dual Tour, when researching, everyone gave it rave reviews. This seat is not for every body. I bought one and for me, it was horrible. First off, it is hard, very hard, so hard I was ready to take it off and ride on the battery because it put in in so much pain (rode about 250 miles that day,and by mile 100 I was miserable). It sets you back a bit further then the stock seat, and gives the passenger less room. If you have short arms, you may also need to change your bars. (not the case for me). It is close to the height of the stock seat, maybe a tab bit lower, and it does have a sporty look.

Lots of people told me it takes 1500 miles to break in. nope, not mine. I since sold it.

Here are a few pics for ya.

Good luck.

Old 06-21-2011 | 09:34 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain

Love my Badlander. It's seen many 600 - 700 mile days.

Old 06-21-2011 | 09:37 PM
notrailers
Road Master

For a sport look: Le Pera Sillioutte with Gel. For long distance: Corbin. Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Seat Advise