Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your Mileage May Vary

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 08:29 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by VTGlideRider
I've finally had a chance to calculate the MPG on my '10 EG Classic after doing the stage 1 upgrade, and found that I'm getting between 39 and 42 MPG depending on wind, traffic, etc. Seems ok to me but I have no point of comparison so I wanted to double check with you guys to see what your experience has been and if you think this is about what it should be. Appreciate the input, thanks!
Right on the money and a good indication of a good tune.

Also check the plug condition occasionally to insure it is running right. Lot's of good write ups on the web for proper plug color and what various conditions indicate.

My 07 EGC with PCiii and AC/slip ons gets 40 and it is running perfect.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Pass
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2011 RGU 130" Jackpot 2-1-2, Stage 1, V&H Hi outputs... PowerVision tune. I get typically 43-50mpg depending on how hard I run 'er and if I've been stuck in traffic.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:56 AM
69cj
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

40 here. Stock except for Cycle Shack slip-ons.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:07 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,766 Likes on 11,541 Posts

46 - 48 mostly.....rather its a spirited solo ride with friends,
or peaceful relaxing ride with my wife.
I have pushed into the lower 50's once or twice....

'08 R/G with a set of Xied's, heavy duty breather, and Rush 2" slip ons

Old 06-18-2011, 09:10 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie

Also check the plug condition occasionally to insure it is running right. Lot's of good write ups on the web for proper plug color and what various conditions indicate.

every bke is different but when mine was getting 40mpg at 70mph cruise it was too rich per the afr. 48ish at 70 mph low load cruise perfect afr.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:05 AM
VTGlideRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldhippie

I have a PC-V from Fuel Moto so that's their map doing that. Looks like Jamie did a good job! I did have the DynoJet folks make a tweek to the map when I was at Laconia earlier this week to clear up some mild decel pop (they had a booth and told me to brink the bike in and they would do it for me, no charge). They just added a bit of fuel to the zero throttle segments and it cleared it up. The MPG measurements were done after the tweek.

I will make sure to inspect the plugs from time to time. Thanks for the tip. And thanks to everyone for their input. Looks like I'm on the low side of normal, but the bike is running great so I'm happy!

Old 06-18-2011, 02:51 PM
AlCherry
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts

I've been waiting for a thread like this to jump up. It has been touched on before, but I didn't believe it.
I went to Colorado a couple of weeks ago, I'm pulling a trailer, got the 'ol lady onboard and the bags and tourpack are full. I've got a large T-Bag on the tourpack.
From here to Dallas, I'm bucking a hard headwind, and on my first tank, I got 35 mpg. From then on, for the rest of the trip, I ran in 5th gear, not sixth. Running in 5th, I averaged 46 mpg. Low of 41 crossing the mountains, and got 50mpg between Durango and Alburqurque (probably due to the downhill). Once I got east of Alburqurque, the milage stayed 46-47. The sweet spot was 2800 rpm @ 67mph in 5th on cruise. I was plesantly surprised.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Dr.ultra2010
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad to see those numbers,cant wait to check mine...

Old 06-18-2011, 03:51 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2010 RGC Stage 1 averages in the mid 30's.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep about 38-42 is normal for these Tourin bikes. Some get less, some more, but your mileage is most common in these threads.

Different states have different fuel blends too, and I've noticed this more than once when travelling cross-country, sometimes up to 8-10 mpg difference with the same bike loaded the same way, keeping the same pace, etc from one state to the next. I never would have believed that myself til I've seen it with my own eyes.

Quick Reply: Your Mileage May Vary