Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibranators handlebar vibration dampers

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:00 PM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Question Vibranators handlebar vibration dampers

Does anyone know if the Vibranator handlebar vibration dampers will fit a 2010 Ultra Classic with throttle by wire and heated grips? I don't see anything on their website about using them in handlebars with internal wiring.

My fingers go numb on long rides and I have got to find a solution.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:11 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

You might try different bars, grips or gloves. Vibration shouldn't really be a problem once you're moving.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:14 PM
wlibert
Road Captain

Vibration is a fairly well documented problem at highway speeds of 55 mph and up. I am not really into changing out my bars or heated grips and I rarely wear gloves on long heated rides.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wlibert
Vibration is a fairly well documented problem at highway speeds of 55 mph and up. I am not really into changing out my bars or heated grips and I rarely wear gloves on long heated rides.
Well, good luck in finding an answer to your issue. Mine smoothes right out and there's really no uncomfortable vibration at anything above idle. I also might not be as sensitive to it. Heck, I ride with apes, what do I know?

Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 PM
ajj1can
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 09 FLHRC and there is no vibration in mine either above about 1500 rpm.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Does anyone know if the Vibranator handlebar vibration dampers will fit a 2010 Ultra Classic with throttle by wire and heated grips? I don't see anything on their website about using them in handlebars with internal wiring.

My fingers go numb on long rides and I have got to find a solution.
I have a set in my 06, what I do know is that the Vibranators mount inside the hanldebars and they take up most of the space in the section of the bar under the grips. My guess would be that they are not compatible with your set up, but you might verify with the manufacturer.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:07 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by max56
Well, good luck in finding an answer to your issue. Mine smoothes right out and there's really no uncomfortable vibration at anything above idle. I also might not be as sensitive to it. Heck, I ride with apes, what do I know?
Yeah kinda hard to feel vibration when all the blood ran down to you shoulders and you have no feeling left in your hands.

There is some vibration on mine at speed but not much. However....With carpal you notice it more.

OP try ISO grips.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:39 PM
m361
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a similar problem...middle, ring and pinky finger on my right hand goes numb if I don't release the throttle every once in a while move the fingers around to get the blood flowing. Without cruise control that would be more difficult.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 PM
wlibert
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
I have a set in my 06, what I do know is that the Vibranators mount inside the hanldebars and they take up most of the space in the section of the bar under the grips. My guess would be that they are not compatible with your set up, but you might verify with the manufacturer.
Yeah, I sent Don at Vibranators an email earlier and he confirmed they will not fit. Oh well, guess I'll just have to hit the cruise control more often on long trips. I kinda of hard to use the cruise control though when riding in a staggered pack unless your leading. Fortunately, most of my long trips are either with one or two other bikes.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:35 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Yeah, I sent Don at Vibranators an email earlier and he confirmed they will not fit. Oh well, guess I'll just have to hit the cruise control more often on long trips. I kinda of hard to use the cruise control though when riding in a staggered pack unless your leading. Fortunately, most of my long trips are either with one or two other bikes.
If you didn't have the heaters, I think you could make them work with the TBW. Maybe you can get a bar snake to work http://barsnake.com/ . Call Kevin at Sta Bo, and talk to him about the motor mount he offers, claims it can be tuned to shift the vibration away from the handlebars and mirrors. This might work for your situation. Other than that, getting a balanced tune by individual cylinder, and flywheel balancing are the major ways to reduce vibration, good luck.

Quick Reply: Vibranators handlebar vibration dampers