Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XiED ViED 105 NOT GOOD

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:56 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lost1
Amen to that. It adjusts the timing a bit and that's about it. Doesn't change the AFR a bit- gotta stay EPA-compliant ya know.
It's a ripoff, IMO...
i wonder why my stage 1 down load on my 2011 rgu shows richer then stock and richer then my tts mastertune? I asked Steve cole owner of tts why this was and he said that harley could make them as rich as they wanted as long as they were epa at idle. i have posted the stage 1 lambda map here before as proof and everyone refuses to believe it is from the sepst street legal down load but it is.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:14 PM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
How many miles does it take your ECM to adjust to a new exhaust or air cleaner? Exactly, your factory ECM does not learn, that would make it an auto tune system. Not sure what happened in those 200 miles, but it wasn't the ECM adjusting to the false O2 signal your VIEDS were sending.
The stock ECM doesn't adjust to an air cleaner or exhaust...since the O2 sensor bias voltage remains unchanged while in closed loop.
When the 02 sensor bias voltage changes, the ECM attempts to adjust...hence the richer AFR. The 200 miles was from 2 sources; Jaime at Fuel Moto, and my personal experience.

Cheers...

Old 06-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
i wonder why my stage 1 down load on my 2011 rgu shows richer then stock and richer then my tts mastertune? I asked Steve cole owner of tts why this was and he said that harley could make them as rich as they wanted as long as they were epa at idle. i have posted the stage 1 lambda map here before as proof and everyone refuses to believe it is from the sepst street legal down load but it is.
My dealer was the one who told me the Stage 1 download by itself was a ripoff. It doesn't change AFR in closed-loop, i.e. idle and steady-state cruise, because it has to remain EPA compliant. So, the engine runs lean & hot, just like the stocker. While I don't doubt your experience (every engine/ECM can react differently to the same mod) it is rare that anyone says the Stage 1 d/l by itself cooled the engine, and I've never heard anyone say it made the engine run richer than the TTS. The forums are full of folks saying it did nothing and are looking for alternative methods to richen the AFR. I have to ask- if the Stage 1 richened your AFR as much as it did, why drop the coin for the TTS too? (Not trying to be nosy, just really curious...)

Old 06-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

My dealer was the one who told me the Stage 1 download by itself was a ripoff. It doesn't change AFR in closed-loop, i.e. idle and steady-state cruise, because it has to remain EPA compliant. So, the engine runs lean & hot, just like the stocker. While I don't doubt your experience (every engine/ECM can react differently to the same mod) it is rare that anyone says the Stage 1 d/l by itself cooled the engine, and I've never heard anyone say it made the engine run richer than the TTS. The forums are full of folks saying it did nothing and are looking for alternative methods to richen the AFR. I have to ask- if the Stage 1 richened your AFR as much as it did, why drop the coin for the TTS too? (Not trying to be nosy, just really curious...)
The Dealer's need to get their stories straight on the DL. I happen to know one of the best Service Manager's in this entire area. He says a lot of people don't understand the newer ECM's and what they are capable of. He said his mother's bike is running Stage 1 and a mild Cam with the Dealer DL. If you want his name and number, I'll provide it!!

Old 06-17-2011, 02:12 PM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes I put on little over 5 hours of riding time, train of thought is that any engine modification takes 2 - 4 hours for the ECM to learn - on a Harley.

Having the mountains to play in is a big help....

I belive that a ECM that has 16 bits or more can learn in 1 hour of real time riding..

My Motocross bike has a 24 bit ECM and takes 6 laps to adjust...

Like I said, these made the bike Loose Low end power, from a stand still to 20 MPH...and I adjusted them, made no difference...again no codes enegin RPM's were perfect etc...........

Old 06-17-2011, 08:18 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

just got a really good deal and was curious more than anything.
here is the hd stage one arf/lambda map

Attached Thumbnails XiED ViED 105 NOT GOOD-afr-001.jpg  
Old 06-17-2011, 08:23 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

lambda format

Old 06-17-2011, 09:58 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dohadex
The stock ECM doesn't adjust to an air cleaner or exhaust...since the O2 sensor bias voltage remains unchanged while in closed loop.
When the 02 sensor bias voltage changes, the ECM attempts to adjust...hence the richer AFR. The 200 miles was from 2 sources; Jaime at Fuel Moto, and my personal experience.

Cheers...
The ECM makes injector pulse output adjustments in milliseconds based on the inputs from the O2 sensors. The altered signal from the IEDs is no different from a routine signal outside the stoich range due to normal changing operational conditions, the outputs would compensate almost instantly. I'm not buying into the 200 miles to learn thing, if it takes that long to adjust to a signal out of tolerance, then the O2 system would be totally useless, and actual AFRs would never even be close to target.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
just got a really good deal and was curious more than anything.
Been there, done that. Curiosity has cost me a buck or two over the years, but it makes life interesting, LOL...

Old 06-17-2011, 10:16 PM
W0ace
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found my problem, Xied's working fine again......

Last edited by W0ace; 06-18-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Quick Reply: XiED ViED 105 NOT GOOD