Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HK Display???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 11:30 PM
St Glide
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HK Display???

The HK display on my 06 SG has been going blank on me latley. Any ideas??? I called the dealer and asked him to order me a radio and exchange it when i took the bike in for service so i wouldn't have to make multiple trips for the same issue and they told me they could not do it. So i took it in for the service and they told me they also fixed the radio issue. Well i did not even make it home and it went blank again. So i took it back to the dealer and asked them to order a radio again and was told i would have to leave the bike again so they could order the radio. Then bring it back for a third time for the same issue??? Have any of you had this problem with the HK display? I think it is poor customer service to make someone come in THREE time for the same issue? WTH!

Old 11-02-2006, 11:36 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HK Display???

Try a 5th time with a dodge truck transmission issue!

Old 11-03-2006, 09:29 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Our dealer here works the same way. Will not take your word on anything. Have to let them look at it, They have to call harley to get permission to replace it, Order part, take it bake to have the work done. Then hope like hell the do it right instead of causing more problems. Just curious,,,, have you tried updating the radio software??

Old 11-04-2006, 03:09 AM
St Glide
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes they did the download. If i tap in the LCD display it will come back on. Man i got to tell ya that HD needs to take better care of its customers these things are alot of $$$ and Hyundia has a better warranty than HD. You seem to have to prove everything to them.
They do not tell you this when you hand them a check for 23K to buy the thing.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:20 AM
hdjoe88
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my display go a couple months ago. Took it in and service manager said he knew what was wrong. He tried to bring it back on but it didn't work so he ordered me a new one which has worked fine ever since. At the same time I told him about some stall/coughing issues and he upgraded the fuel injectors from the 8 degree to 25 degree, no cost.