Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very happy FM 107 customer

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Lyfer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Very happy FM 107 customer

Just got back from Little Chute last night after having Jamie & Co. perform their magic on my scooter. I dropped the bike off last Wednesday afternoon. By 10:00 Thursday a.m. the bike was about put back together. At about 7:00 p.m. Jamie gave me a call and told me that my clutch was slipping. (See dyno sheet - it was slipping before the install) Jamie just happened to have a AIM lock up http://www.aim-tamachi.com/product.p...&cat=18&page=1 and installed it Friday morning. No more clutch slip for sure. Great product. Clutch never felt better.

I had been getting some blow by and asked Jamie to check the valve guides, etc. However, the problem was bad design of the *#$!!% K&N backing plate. To my surprise Jamie told me that he would throw on one of their air cleaners FOR FREE! Got rid of the blow by for sure. Jamie also threw in a FM Shamrock billet points cover!! What a guy.

Some observations: Bike runs smooth - real smooth. Bike starts like a champ w/o compression releases. Hot/cold, starts good. Doesn't sound to be putting a heavy load on the starter. Prior to the upgrade, 6th gear and me did not get along. Now 6th gear is awesome. Can be putting down the road at 70 in 6th, twist the throttle and haul ***. No more downshifting. Although it was cold and raining most of the way home, motor seems to be running much cooler. Check out the AFR. [Could have used some of the old heat on the way home for sure ;-)] Passed another Ultra on the way home going up hill and the other bike sounded like it was laboring pretty hard. I just glided by him without any effort at all. Can't wait to go riding with my buddies. While the bike sounds more tight and smooth, the overall exhaust volume did not go up and does not sound radical. Can you say "sleeper"? It's going to be fun for sure.

Bottom line is that I am very, very happy with Jamie's choice of products; as well as the great customer service. It's been said before many times, but one more time won't hurt: If you're sitting on the fence about the 107 kit, jump off on Fuel Moto's side and get 'er done! You will not regret it!!

If anyone has any questions, pm me and I'll try to answer. Ride safe!

Oh yea - almost forgot. The motor is not as noisy as I expected with the Woods cams. You can hear a little more top end noise, but not much.

Attached Thumbnails Very happy FM 107 customer-dyno0001.jpg  
Old 06-12-2011, 08:58 AM
ltmdl90
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow thats good.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Lyfer
Tourer

The sun's starting to come out. Time to set up a ride.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:47 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get mine done the 27th
man the wait is killing me!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 03:32 PM
novabeast69
Advanced

Jamie and company are really great folks. Congrats and enjoy!

Old 06-12-2011, 03:41 PM
novabeast69
Advanced

Jamie and company are really great folks. Congrats and enjoy!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Lyfer
Tourer

Originally Posted by wrenchguy24
Get mine done the 27th
man the wait is killing me!!!
I know what you mean. Believe me - the wait is worth it. Hope you get better weather than I did. 97 degrees for three days while we were meandering around on the way up. While we were there a front came through and the temp went down 30+ degrees -with rain of course.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:38 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm really leaning that way, unless something far better comes up before my warranty runs out, I'll be making a road trip. Had thought about the 120 also, but unless I can sell my motor for a really decent price, the advantage just isn't there for me.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:44 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Do thy check the run out on he crank when doing the installation? Nice numbers. Was that with or without head work? Anything done to the throttlebody

Old 06-12-2011, 06:44 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hog95023
Do thy check the run out on he crank when doing the installation? Nice numbers. Was that with or without head work? Anything done to the throttlebody
Not sure about the crank runout !!
But those numbers are with stock heads and stock throttle body!!!

Quick Reply: Very happy FM 107 customer