Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

unable to read diagnostic codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 02:31 PM
purplehog
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unable to read diagnostic codes

A little background, I recently had the inter primary off my 01 ultra to replace leaking oil seals. Last time I rode my check engine light came on and stayed on. I bought a service manual cd off e-bay that had the electrical manual and the instructions say to short pin 1 & 2 on the data cable (under right side cover) light green wire and black wire and should get blinking check engine light with codes when I turn egnition on, nothing happens. The light comes on for about 4 seconds and goes out and never blinks again. I pulled the seat and the negative battery lead had been hot enough to melt the bottom of seat. I check the ground wires and they were all tight. I had two acessory wires that go to battery tender and gloves also attached to the negative side of battery. I moved them to negative terminal in front of battery and also pulled the ground off that attaches to the starter and sanded the connections and put everything back togather and that seems to have fixed my problem with light and ground but still can't get codes to read, and suggestions?