Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC Racing Re-Useable Oil Filters ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 11:09 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
Default PC Racing Re-Useable Oil Filters ?

I could post this in the oil section but touring gets ton more looks. Anyone here using the PC Racing re-useable oil filter? It looks similar to the K&P type. I can get one thru my bro-in-law for about $80 and thinking about giving it a try. Input appreciated, Thanks
http://pcracingusa.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=169

Old 06-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Gdub
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We sell them at the shop I work at. The problem we run into is the cost to recoup your initial investment. Or at least that seems to be part of the problem, no one wants to shell out about a 100 bucks for a filter, when they can spend 13 on the spot. To this day we have not had to clean one yet. I know this is not much help, but the filter housing itself seems to be quality.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:32 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Not for me thanks! I'm very happy throwing the used ones away.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:33 PM
hdstreetglide08
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For $13 I'm not reusing anything related to fluids in the engine.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:53 PM
johnr733
Stage I

Originally Posted by troop
I could post this in the oil section but touring gets ton more looks. Anyone here using the PC Racing re-useable oil filter? It looks similar to the K&P type. I can get one thru my bro-in-law for about $80 and thinking about giving it a try. Input appreciated, Thanks
http://pcracingusa.com/store/product...roducts_id=169
I thought about this, mostly for it's cooling abilities, but the more i thought about it, I reached the conclusion that why would I want to deal with the mess of trying to clean that filter when i could just throw a standard one away? If I needed to cool the bike that badly I could always get one of those slip on finned things, so i passed on buying one.

P.S. Found the original HD oil cooler designed for my RK on ebay unopened and cheap. Bought it so ow I'll definately stick with regular oil filters.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:49 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member

Aw hell, I decided to give it a try. I'm not concerned about the micron ratings as industry standards are very vague. What intrigues me the most is the higher flow ability of the filter. I'll get it installed next week and will report back about the ease (or not) of cleaning it at oil changes...

Old 06-16-2011, 06:55 AM
fevest
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think if it flows more, it must not be cleaning as much. After all, you still have the same oil pump.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the K&P filter and have had for two years. I paid near $ 150.00 for the unit while PC Racing is $ 110.00. So far, I have been more than pleased with the unit. Not only does it increases oil flow and acts as a heat dissipater as well. The price is high at first glance however, having 35k miles on my bike and oil changes come every 3000 miles it has pretty much paid for itself already. I clean my filter each oil change but find there is very little debris in the filter. Overall, the advantages outweigh the cost factor. I know I never have to buy another oil filter and you can transfer it to another HD bike if you ever trade your present ride. It looks good as well.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:35 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the K&P filter as well. I bought it for the looks, increased oil flow, oil cooling, but most of all the magnet. When I change my oil I can easily check if I'm getting any metal filings in my oil. Just another way to give me some advance notice if something is going wrong in my engine before a trip.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:40 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member

Quick Reply: PC Racing Re-Useable Oil Filters ?