Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 03:16 AM
jd533
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Dragon

Two more days of work, then off to ride the Dragon and the other roads around the area. Been trying to get this ride in for years. We only have a week but its going to be a great one.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:21 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is a wonderful area to ride, have a great time. Also try moonshiners run, and www.tailofthedragon has lots of good info on the area and rides around there.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:42 AM
hogrider98
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

went last year great riding in the area.

CAUTION WATCH FOR WET GRASS ON THE AREA ROADS THEY MOW THEN RIGHT OUT ON THE PAVEMENT

Brian

Old 06-10-2011, 04:51 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got back a couple weeks ago. I prefer the area around it, the dragon has far too many people on it. I'm not the tourist area type. If you get stuck behind a slow moving car, just pull over for five minutes and let them get some distance between you, nothing worse than creeping around a curve when you could be leaning into it. Also I prefer more leisurely curves for an all day ride and there are plenty of them in that area, the tight ones on the dragon are fine, but I would not want to do it all day. One more thing, SMILE, they will be taking your picture, which you can purchase online.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:08 AM
monkey sammich
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't hit the Dragon on the weekend. The gas station was absolutely PACKED on the Friday I went last month.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:35 AM
mca1989
Cruiser

WAY over rated

Old 06-10-2011, 06:42 AM
audettd
Tourer

Dragon is a must do at least once...don't go on weekend of course. I totally agree the area around the dragon is the best for riding. I would rather ride the B.R.P or the C.P....but that's me. Most of all be safe and watch out for idiots (you'll recognize them by the cars they drive and the cell phones in their ears).

Old 06-10-2011, 07:58 AM
TNBreeze
6th Gear
Cool Dragon Ride

We did the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway last weekend for a charity ride. I've done the Dragon several times over the years but this was the first time on my Ultra Classic. You won't see much scenery on the Dragon because you pretty much have to stay focused on the road. Normally you have to constantly watch for crotch rockets because they burn it up and will be on top of you before you even know they are there. There were about 40 bikes in our group and we got there early so the crotch rocket riders were still working off their hangovers. We had a couple of cagers tailing and it kept them off our backs. The Skyway for the most part has less challenging curves and it is a beautiful ride. Do the Dragon if you enjoy a challenge but ride the Skyway for the scenery.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:36 PM
jd533
Road Captain

Thanks for all the tips. Plan on spending most of our time on area roads to take in the view, but the dragon is a must do atleast once or twice or

Old 06-10-2011, 12:42 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have fun but dont forget to always drive within your ability. The curves in that area can sneek up on you if you are not carefull.

Quick Reply: The Dragon