Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinyl Wraps on Touring Bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:09 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mopar400
that's some uglyazz chit!

Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 AM
reptyls
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Baggerskins have too much graphics for me. Also my bike is pinstriped and the baggerskins would only partially cover them. I was thinking just a solid color with some nice stripes or something. I guess I am looking for a quick, cheap solution to cover some wear and tear on the old paint, until I can get the bike repainted. Here is a pic of the bike.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:48 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Timco
Have you ever tried to take a wrap off? Especially after a couple of years in the sun? I have been to several body shops when they were trying to get them off after a crash. Very labor intense, & some times destroys the paint underneath.

I personally think they look cheap, & I don`t want one on any of my trucks, & especially my bike.
Actually the vinyl that is being used today is very low tac. True if it has been on for a long length of time it gets brittle. But, even if it doesn't pull off in sheets it still comes off relatively easy. What little residue that remains can be take off with isopropyl alcohol. If the paint was destroyed it was due to the person removing it.

Repainting a vehicle isn't with labor intensity either. So in that respect it's a trade off.

Would I do it on my bike, no. Just a personal preference. I would just live with what I have now and save up to get it repainted.

Last edited by BBStacker; 06-09-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

You gotta get someone who knows what they are doing to do it. I just had my Dodge Magnum wrapped flat black a few months ago. My local sign shop does wraps and did the Magnum. I talked to them about wrapping the bike and said it would be easy compared to wrapping the magnum. So yes it can be done but make sure you choose someone who knows what they are doing first.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 PM
gaber6
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BadX
You gotta get someone who knows what they are doing to do it. I just had my Dodge Magnum wrapped flat black a few months ago. My local sign shop does wraps and did the Magnum. I talked to them about wrapping the bike and said it would be easy compared to wrapping the magnum. So yes it can be done but make sure you choose someone who knows what they are doing first.
Nice.. I was thinking about a light wrap on my car to keep it cooler in the desert sun. What did that run you $$?

Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 PM
reptyls
Novice
Default Nice...

Flat Black looks badass on your magnum!!

Old 06-11-2011, 06:29 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by gaber6
Nice.. I was thinking about a light wrap on my car to keep it cooler in the desert sun. What did that run you $$?
I don't remember the exact price but it was around $1000. The front and rear bumper is all one piece. The mirrors and door handles are wrapped also. It took them about 16 hours to wrap the car. The wrap actually protects the factory paint so if I were to ever want to sell it I can sell it wrapped or remove the wrap and the orignal paint is still in great condition.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:56 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BadX
I don't remember the exact price but it was around $1000. The front and rear bumper is all one piece. The mirrors and door handles are wrapped also. It took them about 16 hours to wrap the car. The wrap actually protects the factory paint so if I were to ever want to sell it I can sell it wrapped or remove the wrap and the orignal paint is still in great condition.
damn $1000, I know some local kids that for $10 and few cans of spray paint...........lol.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:49 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

gay

Again, i stress how awesome these vinyl wraps are.

They were made for the cheap *** jap car era for kids who couldnt afford paint jobs on their mom's honda civic.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:05 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 72,220 Likes on 21,819 Posts

What I am posting is not my bike but some pics of someone else's for reference. These are decals, not ther wraps that you are speaking of. A few other's on this site have this/these kits. I have the kit too but am some what hesitant to put it on, you know decals: edges always popping up, etc. but it is a cheap alternative for sure: Here you go:
Name:  Crimson2.jpg
Views: 6131
Size:  48.5 KB
Name:  Crimson3.jpg
Views: 11169
Size:  60.3 KB
Name:  Crimson1-1.jpg
Views: 6317
Size:  52.4 KB

I could imagnie how much that these ghost flames would cost to paint on though..
These are an alternative but again they are decals. Hard to tell though..

Last edited by lionsm13; 06-11-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Vinyl Wraps on Touring Bikes?