Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have finish problems with their Rinehart's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:33 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,097 Likes on 22,580 Posts

Add me to the list of rust on the bottom of my 3.5's.
Love the way they sound but don't know how to keep the rust off....

Old 06-10-2011, 09:37 PM
J2X
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

I have Rineharts as well but they are a few years old. The pipes are holding up well. The left cap is really faded and the right cap looks like new. I know it is from the heat that the pipe produces.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Bfazona
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well a replacement set of Rineharts showed up today. While the warranty claim was vague in terms of how Clearline Industries would handle my situation, it was definitely easy and fast. Hopefully this set does not give me any finish issues.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I received my replacement today and would like to add I love the sound of my Rineharts it was just this finish issue that I had a problem with. Rinehart felt the problem was with the product that I used not with the finish on their product.Even that being the case they got a replacement to me quickly at no charge.I am very satisfied and would buy from them again.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Bfazona
Tourer

What product did you use? I only used Harley Sunwash and S100.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:09 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

The product I used was Turtle chrome and metal polish. This was the first time I used it and the last time. It did not mention on the bottle that there were any abrasives in it and said safe to use on all finishes.I used a micro fiber detail cloth like I always do.The way my finish looked you would of thought I used a rubbing compound instead of a polish. I have sent a letter with a picture to Turtle and will wait to see what their response is. I expect to get nothing but I'm curious what their response is.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:13 PM
av ultra
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

On my 05 standard they started showing rust spots in a year on the bottom.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:00 PM
ddavis
Advanced

I have the Rinehart 2-1 and the finish was very easy to scratch. You couldn't remove them and put them back on without them looking like they had gone through a barbwire fence in places. I sent mine to Jet Hot and had them coated, and now they are much better.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:17 PM
darinmca
Stage I

I'll add myself to the list. I purchased the 4" true duals back in Dec of '11 and have roughly 5k miles on them. I too was out washing my bike this past weekend and noticed that not only was my 2011 Limited rim on the backtire bubbling up on the chrome and in spots flacking (btw, I ran my bike down to the HD dealer and they are ordering me a new one FOC), but also there were little pit marks forming on the right muffler and have now turned to rust. I emailed Rinehart and they moved me over to this Clearline company, which I supplied pictures to and am also waiting to hear a response back if they are going to warranty these pipes...I will be super pissed off if they blow me off...I emailed them last night and just pinged them this am and they said they are reviewing the info and would get back to me shortly on next steps....will keep everyone posted on the outcome....
thanks
Darin

Old 09-05-2012, 02:43 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I've had experience with BUB from my Metric days and I found them poorly made with questionable quality back then.....they are making Rinehart pipes you say....well, that's good to know.

Quick Reply: Anyone have finish problems with their Rinehart's?