Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roadside Assistance: Who's the best?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 05:17 PM
mtbottles
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Roadside Assistance: Who's the best?

Ok. Who has the best roadside assistance program? I don't have the patience to read all the fine print. Right now I have three different options....

HOG

AMA

Insurance Co. (Safeco)

Has anyone done a comparison? Should I get the upgraded coverage that some provide?

Thanks

Old 06-08-2011, 05:32 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

hog membership comes with 'basic"

i did the $20 upgrade last year before my epic Sturgis and Beyond ride- 8000 miles on a 15 year old bike.

twice I had to call roadside -which is Road America.

the first was a rear tire blow out ( 2000 miles on it)- tow to dealer in Gillette Wy was no cost- tow driver said it would be been $260 otherwise.

the second was 3 days later- rear tire had been installed incorrectly and went suddenly flat about 75 miles East of Missoula MT.
That driver told me it would have been over $300, easy.

In both cases the RA operators were first off, ensuring if I were in a safe location, if emergency services were needed. They were polite, well informed and asked the right questions with no BS.
In the second case because of my remote location, the operator called back after about 20 minutes with driver update and to check on me- she called again just as the driver arrived, about 45 minutes sooner that estimated.

Both drivers were equipped with proper dollies and straps to get my bike on the deck, and secure it.

This year I let AAA lapse and have upgraded my HOG to cover my cars and light trucks.

I figure the HOG lifetime I paid for 20 years ago is already covering part of the ante, so the $20 upgrade sure made good "cents" in my situation

( my INS through HOG with Progressive had "roadside" on it by default ( so duplicated coverages), by deleting that, it covered the upgrade cost.)

mike