Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bright ass lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:21 PM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

No the Rg doesnt have the standard harley tailight the bal replaces they only have the 2 "turn signal "bullets with dual filament bulbs for running lights brake lights and turn signales. wish they would com up with a set for the rg and sg that don;t have the big center tailight

Old 07-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the smoked BAL and it is worth the money! I have mine set to strobe 6 times and hold. Asked all the cops around here about my non DOT setting. They say there is a rule on how many times a brake light can blink, but would never pull me over.

and the cars stay back from me at lights as well. Often a full car distance.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:06 PM
cltgt
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2010 SG with the same tail light setup. I got the led turns and tails from Custom Dynamics and could not be happier. Much brighter, less heat, and less current draw.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:46 PM
OlDusty
Cruiser

Once again back to original question. I have a 2010 Street Glide and had my dealer here in Springfield Il do a custom mod to the fender and install a BAL. I love it and will have it done again if I ever get another SG. Mine is about to get a new home as I’m selling her and I believe to a very good friend. I shot a couple of vids the other night and here are the links to see her.

http://youtu.be/ihn1wdt2TCQ

http://youtu.be/aLdYXYJKI9E

Old 07-15-2011, 08:03 PM
CoastlineAmps
Cruiser

Just ordered the BAL-3S and can't wait to blind some fools......

Old 07-16-2011, 03:39 PM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cltgt
I have a 2010 SG with the same tail light setup. I got the led turns and tails from Custom Dynamics and could not be happier. Much brighter, less heat, and less current draw.
Thanks for posting a response to the OP's question cltgt. I'm getting tired of trying to ignore all the BAL praise with no real input when a BAL won't fit without customization (as Sidecar Bob and several others of us have said).

Which setup did you pick? I've been looking at an "operational" sample board they have set up in the J&P Superstore (up at Destination Daytona) but can't tell if there's much difference between the stock bulbs and the LEDs (red only versus yellow/red) by just looking at samples inside their store.

BTW - They also have a Kuri LED sample board set up but the Kuri version comes with their cheap chrome stalks and housings - rust in a heartbeat here in FL.

Last edited by RangeRat; 07-16-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:51 PM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by OlDusty
Once again back to original question. I have a 2010 Street Glide and had my dealer here in Springfield Il do a custom mod to the fender and install a BAL. I love it and will have it done again if I ever get another SG. Mine is about to get a new home as I’m selling her and I believe to a very good friend. I shot a couple of vids the other night and here are the links to see her.

http://youtu.be/ihn1wdt2TCQ

http://youtu.be/aLdYXYJKI9E
yeah Jon came up with that and did a great job on it...too bad he left the dealership

Old 08-12-2011, 12:59 AM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I put the HD Bright *** light on my FLHTK and the alarm lights up sometimes-disabling my left turn signal. I have to turn the bike off and restart. most time this cures it. Got so fed up I took them off and went to stock. Any sugestions?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:06 AM
sdfireman
Advanced

Love the BAL. Had one on me '07 Heritage and now on my '10 Ultra classic. Set on bright running and constant flash brake. Keeps the fools back. I do let off the brake when someone is between me and traffic at a stop light, just to be nice. But if they creep, they get blasted with the strobe. :-)

Old 08-12-2011, 08:50 AM
cltgt
Tourer

Originally Posted by 62hdbiker
I put the HD Bright *** light on my FLHTK and the alarm lights up sometimes-disabling my left turn signal. I have to turn the bike off and restart. most time this cures it. Got so fed up I took them off and went to stock. Any sugestions?
LED's from Custom Dynamics...

Quick Reply: Bright ass lights