Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Decel Pop ... Easy fix?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 07:57 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default PCV & Decel Pop ... Easy fix?

Is there a 3rd grade explanation of how to stop decel pop on a '10 Street Glide with V&H Power Duals, K&N filter, and PCV?

Power Commander tech says they can get it out but I had to hook up a laptop to it and call them back, which I have not had time to do while they are open.

Are there some standard settings I can go to in the software or do I need to call them back?

Last edited by vickers1; 06-07-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 06-07-2011, 08:21 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tell what I had done that remote login before with Dyno Jet and it is well worth your time they were cool and informative. The other is call Jami or Keith at fuelmoto they will also be able to tell you over the phone what you need to look in your map and an what to set it at. Also check for any exhaust leaks or intake leaks also you will be amazed at what one of those will to with this very issue. I would go for the exhaust first simple enough to do.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:46 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior

Yeah, I checked all the exhaust unions from the heads on back. They are all tight. Can't call Jamie because I got the PCV used and not from them. I believe there are settings that will fix it but all the instructions tell you is find a map and put it in.

I've had decel pop on my last 2 bikes and while I've learned to live with it, would like to see it go away just for once.

Last edited by vickers1; 06-07-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 PM
riff1006
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can open your map on your laptop, go to each cylinder, and in the 0 column from 1750 up, change all those numbers from 0 to 15. You can increase or decrease by 5s and you can go as high as 50 without issue. Try it.....you won't hurt anything.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well news for you if your totally honest with Jamie he will still help you out trust me I know. He did not have to help me but he has and on a few occasions just call and tell your problems they do not even ask if I bought it from them but like I said I was upfront with him. Let him know your from the forum he is one of the guys that has provided unmatched service level I still don't know how they do but thank God they do it!

Old 06-07-2011, 09:10 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior

I'll give Jamie a try. Thanks.

And to Riff 1006, I'll play around with the map. Thanks to you too.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:16 PM
flhtupser
Tourer

As said above go into your maps and add 15 to the zero throttle column but do it only at the rpm you are getting the pop at. This is what my tuner advised if I had any. Try it as it can't hurt.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:51 PM
hdman
Road Captain

Since I started using Fuel Moto and Jamie.......... My tune problems are over... This company is The Cat Daddy when it comes to products and customer service..... Man, they got it down.......... I do not work or have any family that work for FM... Its just
I give credit where credit is due....................................hdman

Old 06-07-2011, 09:56 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hdman
Since I started using Fuel Moto and Jamie.......... My tune problems are over... This company is The Cat Daddy when it comes to products and customer service..... Man, they got it down.......... I do not work or have any family that work for FM... Its just
I give credit where credit is due....................................hdman
Well you know ... hindsight ... you save a few bucks, nothing wrong with that but is it worth it when you need some help?

Old 06-07-2011, 09:57 PM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by riff1006
If you can open your map on your laptop, go to each cylinder, and in the 0 column from 1750 up, change all those numbers from 0 to 15. You can increase or decrease by 5s and you can go as high as 50 without issue. Try it.....you won't hurt anything.
That is what I did and goodby decel pop

Quick Reply: PCV Decel Pop ... Easy fix?