Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You guys want to laugh?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Branded
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: You guys want to laugh?

Theirs El Lardo's panties

Old 11-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Bill918
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice scooter Chops!

Old 11-07-2006, 01:47 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I would trade my '94 Ultra for nothing but a newer one,PERIOD!!!Once you've been one a full Dresser for a reasonable amount of time that's all you'll want.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:05 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

I feel the same about couches too...

Old 11-07-2006, 02:05 PM
98kingflh
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, baggers are cool and comfortable. Come on over and get'cha one! Every garage has room for another HD!!! But I think you'll find your other bike would get lonley not getting rode and all.. All is good, keep having fun...

Old 11-08-2006, 01:46 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

For all you that keep on about the handling of the Softail, I can tell you for sure that a dresser handles better, weight and all. It has netural steering due to the configuration of the triple tree and steering head, it has much better suspension, and the wheelbase is shorter.

I have both a 2001 Heritage Softail and a 2005 EG Classic in my garage so I have ridden both over the exact same roads. The Softail is into the pegs much sooner than the EG, and the rebound and stability of the shocks is not near as good on the Softail. Go two up, and it gets worse. At slow speeds, the touring bike front end does not have the tendency to flop over to one side or the other like the Softails.

As far as the Sport Bike Softails, ie. FX, I cannot address them as I have very little experience with them. I guess I assumed that this conversation was about touring class motorcycles, since it is posted in the touring section. Also the original thread in the Softail section delt with a comparison between a Roadking and a touring softail, ie. Fatboy.

That being said, a dresser will out perform a touring class Softail. A touring class Softail would be defined as any Softail with FL in its name.

Regards,

Bill

Old 11-08-2006, 05:58 PM
KenM
Road Master

Bill is "The Man"

Old 11-08-2006, 06:48 PM
t_m34
Tourer

ORIGINAL: billnourse

For all you that keep on about the handling of the Softail, I can tell you for sure that a dresser handles better, weight and all. It has netural steering due to the configuration of the triple tree and steering head, it has much better suspension, and the wheelbase is shorter.

I have both a 2001 Heritage Softail and a 2005 EG Classic in my garage so I have ridden both over the exact same roads. The Softail is into the pegs much sooner than the EG, and the rebound and stability of the shocks is not near as good on the Softail. Go two up, and it gets worse. At slow speeds, the touring bike front end does not have the tendency to flop over to one side or the other like the Softails.

As far as the Sport Bike Softails, ie. FX, I cannot address them as I have very little experience with them. I guess I assumed that this conversation was about touring class motorcycles, since it is posted in the touring section. Also the original thread in the Softail section delt with a comparison between a Roadking and a touring softail, ie. Fatboy.

That being said, a dresser will out perform a touring class Softail. A touring class Softail would be defined as any Softail with FL in its name.

Regards,

Bill
I've owned the FX version of the Softtail. I agree about the handling on all accounts. One of the things that amazed me about the difference is how light my RK felt in comparison to the FXST at low speed. It's like having power steering versus non-power steering. My FXST felt like it was turning the 7th Fleet, just because of the steering configuration, angles, etc.

Also, I used to drag the sides of that FXST all the time, and I can't with the RK. Not for lack of trying, either. Much better clearance. It doesn't sit as low obviously.

All that said I miss the hell out of my Softtail. It was a fun bike and I wish I could have kept it. Believe me, if I had both the RK and the Softtail, that Softtail would be getting plenty of road time.

In my 20+ years of riding all sorts of motorcycles I'll never ridicule someone's choice of ride. I admire them all, from the old Honda 400/4s on up the food chain. They all have their advantages, disadvantages and they're all fun.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Winberry Farms
Tourer

The only two things in life that make it worth living
Is Harley's tuned good and firm-feeling women.
Well, I don't need my name in the marquee lights,
I got my hawg and I got it with me tonight.
Let's go to Luckenbach, Texas
With Danas, Softails and Baggers
These Harley's were riding
Got us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys.
Between Baggers shake more,
Softails drain you more,
and people cring on the forums,
Out in Luckenbach, Texas,
everybodies riding a Harley......

Cheer up guys we are all riding Harley's

Old 11-08-2006, 11:14 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 498 Likes on 349 Posts

Waylon & Willie would be proud.