Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shorts and Harleys--Wrong At Many Levels

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:33 AM
jackloganbill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shorts and Harleys--Wrong At Many Levels

I know riding a motorcycle in shorts is stupid, but yesterday, due to various reasons, I took off on the EGC in shorts, (95+ degrees). Wow what a mistake. Even with the heat shields, my legs roasted, especially in traffic and when stopped. Could not believe the heat that engine pumps out!

Old 06-07-2011, 09:40 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The best part is where ever your legs touch the engine, you get an instant sun tan.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,804 Likes on 3,166 Posts

Or a hornet flies up your leg....don't ask how I know.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:49 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by jackloganbill
I know riding a motorcycle in shorts is stupid, but yesterday, due to various reasons, I took off on the EGC in shorts, (95+ degrees).
So, her husband came home early?

Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

I have never ridden in shorts and never will. Hell, I don't even own a pair of shorts, except for a ratty long pair of cut-offs that I sometimes wear about 5 times a year when I swim.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Wild Card
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah shorts and flip flops

all jokin aside, went on honeymoon to the Key's, I ended up renting a RK for a day, I had nothing but shorts and a pair of sneakers, and I am one all against not wearing boots and jeans to ride, I mean shorts well if ya wanna burn that's your own perogative but you need some aggressive foot control.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Ultra Street Jewell
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Or a hornet flies up your leg....don't ask how I know.
Now that's a whole lot of trouble. LMAO.....

Rode with shorts on about half a dozen times. But that was on my old fat boy. Would even think of it with my touring bikes.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:12 AM
steelpony5555
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a hornet fly up my shorts but have had one fly into my helmut and could feel it crawl around until I got it off. Try taking your helmut off going 60 sometime lol....But as far as shorts hell yeah I wear them and sneakers on my Ultra on occasion. But then I have long legs so I don't have too much of a problem keeping my legs from hitting the hot parts. If I was short legged then I can see where that would be a major problem. But I only do it for short rides because the Texas sun will cook you long before the bike will. Believe me if you get a bad sun burn on your thighs you won't be wearing pants anytime soon.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Street Jewell
Now that's a whole lot of trouble. LMAO.....

Rode with shorts on about half a dozen times. But that was on my old fat boy. Would even think of it with my touring bikes.
wow. two years back had one go down my shirt and into the back of my jeans. pulled over on US 441 central FL at rush hour. went down to my boxers on side of road. Not one person driving by acted like anything was out of ordinary. LOL never forget that

Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Clayvis
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I see guys all the time here (Florida) wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and flip-flops going down the road. I am short, so not an option for me. But even if I were tall, I don't think I would ever ride with shorts and flip-flops. I feel naked if I don't have pants, boots, and a helmet on. Some guys are either fearless, clueless, stupid, or all of the above. To each his own I guess!

Quick Reply: Shorts and Harleys--Wrong At Many Levels