Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Solo or C&C Solo, which one is LOWER?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Louisianarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin Solo or C&C Solo, which one is LOWER?

Hey solo seat riders,

I've got a 2011 Street Glide and I'm wanting a new solo seat. I'm 5'8" so I need a low seat. Is the Corbin Classic Solo or the C&C Bagger Solo lower? The Corbin seems wider around the nose but which one is actually lower?

Thanks in advance,

Perry

Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 PM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a C&C solo ( which by the way is on classifieds for sell right now) on my 2010 ElectraGlide Classis and rode my Corbin Classic solo for 5 years on my 05 RKC. To be quite honest they are about the same to me. The Corbin Classic solo is 2" wider. They both are pretty firm seats but I think you will be hard pressed to find much in hieght. If I had to bet I would go C&C but not by much.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:08 PM
All Aces
Road Master

Below are thumbnails of both

Attached Thumbnails Corbin Solo or C&C Solo, which one is LOWER?-corbin-05.jpg   Corbin Solo or C&C Solo, which one is LOWER?-egc-10.jpg  
Old 06-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Louisianarider
Tourer

Originally Posted by All Aces
I have a C&C solo ( which by the way is on classifieds for sell right now) on my 2010 ElectraGlide Classis and rode my Corbin Classic solo for 5 years on my 05 RKC. To be quite honest they are about the same to me. The Corbin Classic solo is 2" wider. They both are pretty firm seats but I think you will be hard pressed to find much in hieght. If I had to bet I would go C&C but not by much.

Thanks for the pics! Does your Corbin seem wider than the C&C near the front of the seat where your thighs hit? Which of the two is more comfortable to you and why are you selling your C&C?

Sorry for all the questions

Old 06-06-2011, 06:17 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a C&C and sat on a SG with a Corbin before buying mine. I'd say they are pretty close but the C&C is probally slightly lower.

The C&C is a firm seat butnot as firm as the Corbin.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:19 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I went from a Sundowner to a Corbin Hollywood Solo and I can tell you that the Corbin is narrower at the tank which allows for great reach.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:46 PM
6speed51
Road Captain
Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

I bought a Corbin solo and had the factory do a "nose job".They cut away the foam in the front to narrow the nose.No charge.Let's you flat foot it at stops.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:23 PM
SCFLHX
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danny Gray speedcradle is another option for a lower solo seat. I just mounted mine on the SG today and took it for a ride. Firmer than my sundowner, sundowner is a great 2-up seat, but a lower and narrower seat for better flat footing of the bike. It all comes down to price, for a little over 200 you can get a Danny Gray seat shipped from Dennis Kirk.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:49 PM
All Aces
Road Master

The C&C solo is the same dimensions as the Corbin Hollywood Solo. I believe 18 1/2" long and 13" wide. The C&C is slightly more narrow in the nose than my Corbin Classic solo was.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Louisianarider
Tourer

Thanks everyone for your input. I really like the look of the Corbin but I need to be as low as possible.

One more question........

For those of you that have or have had the C&C Solo, would you sit on it for a 4500 mile trip? I'm going to Yellowstone from Louisiana and round trip will be around 4500 miles. I'm 49 years old and relatively healthy and I'll be going solo.

Again, thanks in advance!

Perry

Last edited by Louisianarider; 06-06-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Corbin Solo or C&C Solo, which one is LOWER?