Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Solo or C&C Solo, which one is LOWER?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:22 PM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the C&C

Last edited by 131tman; 06-13-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Louisianarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 131tman
Get the C&C

Thanks for the advice! DAMN that's a great looking bike!

Old 06-06-2011, 09:49 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Louisianarider

One more question........

For those of you that have or have had the C&C Solo, would you sit on it for a 4500 mile trip? I'm going to Yellowstone from Louisiana and round trip will be around 4500 miles. I'm 49 years old and relatively healthy and I'll be going solo.

Again, thanks in advance!

Perry
Haven't had a chance for any really long trips yet. Have logged several 300+ days with no issue.

Did a iron butt ride on my Dyna with the C&C fastback with no issues. Comfort seems to be about equal to me on the two.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Louie Champan
Cruiser

Well I'm about the same height as you and have a 2011 SG as well and have been going through the same delima of what solo seat. I've ridden on a Corbin for 15 years and love them, but after much discussion and researching I went with the C&C solo. It fits the bike great and looks great as well. I had them narrow the nose from where your thighs are all the way to the nose, which is pretty normal for the C&C seat anyway. But now my feet are flat on the ground when stopped.
I can't say the the height of the seat is any lower than a Corbin but is a bit lower then the stock seat. Went for a 300 mile ride on Sunday and I came back quite satisfied.
One thing about the seat that I wish were different is the width at 13 inches it's noticeable difference from the stock at 15 1/2 inches wide. But I can't say that it's bad just a different feel.

Like everyone else has said you can't go wrong with either, but my mind was made up due to the fact I talked to Chuck, one of the owners and told him exactly what I wanted. I called Corbin a number of times and never came away with a feeling that my needs were being understood or taken down, probably just me though.

Anyway, that's been story now you're probably completed confused.

Louie

Old 06-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Louisianarider
Tourer

bberck,
thanks for the info. It's good to know 300+ miles won't be an issue.

Louie,
thanks to you too for the info. I've thought about the width too but from the pics, it sure looks good!

Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 PM
scooplove
Tourer

I had the Corbin Hollywood solo on my Dyna and now have a CC solo the SG. I had Chuy from CC thin out the nose on the seat a little. CC is not as firm as the Corbin, so it my suit your iron *** needs.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Bigdad68
Cruiser

I have had my C&C for 3 weeks. Love it and it is low and back also. Only thing I would change is that I would have got the Gel insert they offer. I would deal with them again for the personal service

Old 06-07-2011, 08:39 AM
knewt5
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bigdad68
I have had my C&C for 3 weeks. Love it and it is low and back also. Only thing I would change is that I would have got the Gel insert they offer. I would deal with them again for the personal service
I'm about your height and have a 30" inseam. I have an '07 SG with a C&C Solo that I bought on Craigslist for $75. I'm able to flat foot it as is but could use some cushioning under the points of my pelvis. I find that I could stand to be a little closer (1/2-1") to the bars and sit a little higher (1/2-1"). I'm good for the 1st 75-100 miles but start to get a little uncomfortable after that. If I get up and walk around for a second I'm good for another 100. I'm getting set to hand the seat over to a local seat guy to have some gell and memory foam added. I think i'm also going to have the inner thigh area thinned to make a little more leg room too.

I'm heading to Sturgis in August and will be looking at alot of long days in the saddle and don't want to think about my seat for a second

Old 06-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Just went through this... I can tell you that on a SG, the limitation is the frame, not the seat. You will not move significantly lower with a seat change. You have to be careful in your seat choice though because some will move you farther from the bars. I have this issue now and am selling my C and C fastback because of it. I can tell u that C and C is a GREAT company and will work with you before you buy on all of these issues..

Old 06-07-2011, 08:56 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Louisianarider
Thanks everyone for your input. I really like the look of the Corbin but I need to be as low as possible.

One more question........

For those of you that have or have had the C&C Solo, would you sit on it for a 4500 mile trip? I'm going to Yellowstone from Louisiana and round trip will be around 4500 miles. I'm 49 years old and relatively healthy and I'll be going solo.

Again, thanks in advance!

Perry
You might want to think about a backrest for a trip that long. Call & talk to Chuck at C&C and tell him what your looking for in a seat. You won't be sorry.

Quick Reply: Corbin Solo or C&C Solo, which one is LOWER?