Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now our dealer closed up shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 09:56 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

It would not bother me if my local dealer closed except for employees loosing their jobs.
They charge too much for parts.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was gonna add and say my dealer closed too, but it is the same one. I live in Atwater. I went to Home depot one day and all closed up, no word on the closing just everything gone.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:25 AM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxcustody
I was gonna add and say my dealer closed too, but it is the same one. I live in Atwater. I went to Home depot one day and all closed up, no word on the closing just everything gone.
You would think they would send out a note or email instead they just hauled ***, bought 1 bike there and a few parts , bought my SG in Jamestown after their attempt to charge me xtra for stock wheels.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:17 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by phat96
I don't know Central Cal well but my parents are in Modesto. Mitchells I think, how far would that be?
Merced and Modesto are about 30 miles apart.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:20 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by pittz5
Im thinking Carson City HD may be the next to go. Poor customer service = poor business plan.
They used to have pretty decent service.
I'll bet the payments on that building are pretty steep.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:39 PM
firefightermike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
welcome to my world. closest dealer is 50 miles one way. next closest is an hour and a half from my home, of course in a different direction than the other dealer which puts them about 3 hours apart.....

needless to say, i don't usually just pop in on a saturday morning for the coffee and donuts
My closest dealer is 80 miles and the others are over 100 miles. No doughnuts for me either.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:41 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
It's the economy stupid! Isn't that what our current president used as a platform to run on during the last election? Here we are, three years later, hitting a bump on the road to recovery? From what I can see, the economy has continued it's downward slide while adding ADDITIONAL trillions to the national debt! While I'm on the topic, why are we now on 5 war front lines, when Obama, while running for president, stated that 2 fronts were to much? YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHO YOU VOTE FOR! You might just get what you ask for!!!
That being said - either support your local dealership, or not. They are in business to make money, not rob you blind. Some people here label them as Stealerships. I hate to see ANY hard working business close.
I agree on the economy. What I've come to believe in dealing with the dealers I've dealt with is nobody really knows what they are doing! You either have an incompetent service writer who won't let you talk to the mechanic, and doesn't know anything himself, or you get a mechanic who isn't really and only knows what the dealer tells him he knows. I haven't found anybody I'd trust completely in dealing with two different dealers in my area.............I know, I'm too picky........which is why I do all I can myself.........now, to find a bike mechanic who is too!!!