Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now our dealer closed up shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:59 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Wow, bummer. That would be a major inconvenience, like once or twice a year (if that).
Seriously, the closest dealers to me are about that far away, in any direction. No big deal, If I know I'm going to need something, I stop when I am near one.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:08 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Doesn't make sense. Economy is getting better...Right? (Sarcasm)

Old 06-05-2011, 08:16 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Boy that's to bad that you lost your dealer, I think Auburn closed a couple of years ago also. East side of CA losing them more and more. I moved from Reno to Goodyear Az last fall and have 7 Dealers in this valley but the closest one from me is 25 miles so I won't whine to much.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Route66rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Ours is still operating, but has changed hands. Having said that, if I had the view you must get in your sig pic I would not complain at all. It would be something like "Hey Honey, I need to run out and pick up a few parts, see you after a bit, its about 100 miles you know...."

Old 06-05-2011, 09:19 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know Central Cal well but my parents are in Modesto. Mitchells I think, how far would that be?

Old 06-05-2011, 09:24 AM
indigofarm
Tourer

Originally Posted by skratch
welcome to my world. closest dealer is 50 miles one way. next closest is an hour and a half from my home, of course in a different direction than the other dealer which puts them about 3 hours apart.....

needless to say, i don't usually just pop in on a saturday morning for the coffee and donuts
Ya all get coffee and donuts. Weeelll. Damn.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is their new web site;
http://www.carsoncityhd.com/

There have been so many dealers closing up shop. Sign of the recession I suppose. Folks just don't have the money any longer to have a $ 25k toy sitting in the garage. Santa Barbra HD closed some time ago as well. And, the taxes in California makes is difficult to do business in. I know here in Bakersfield, CA our dealer doesn't get as many new bikes as they once did. This recession is a real butt kicker for a lot of businesses.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
welcome to my world. closest dealer is 50 miles one way. next closest is an hour and a half from my home, of course in a different direction than the other dealer which puts them about 3 hours apart.....

needless to say, i don't usually just pop in on a saturday morning for the coffee and donuts
I have only 2 dealers anywhere near me, and both are over an hour and a half away ... I don't use the dealers for service anyway, so I only make a trip when I need specific parts. They are both like some damn Boutique anyway. Mostly hang outs for the weekend warriors that ride in and then sit there the rest of the day pimping their bad azzes! Not for me.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:39 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Sign Of The Times

Originally Posted by bullmack
Owner of my shop said domestic production is 1/2 of what it was in 2006-2007 and nationwide 50 dealers are gone.
It's the economy stupid! Isn't that what our current president used as a platform to run on during the last election? Here we are, three years later, hitting a bump on the road to recovery? From what I can see, the economy has continued it's downward slide while adding ADDITIONAL trillions to the national debt! While I'm on the topic, why are we now on 5 war front lines, when Obama, while running for president, stated that 2 fronts were to much? YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHO YOU VOTE FOR! You might just get what you ask for!!!
That being said - either support your local dealership, or not. They are in business to make money, not rob you blind. Some people here label them as Stealerships. I hate to see ANY hard working business close.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:49 AM
triggca
Intermediate

WOW Yosemite HD shutdown..I've rode all the way up the valley just to get a shirt there. They have (had) the coolest logo! I might have to retire one of my shirts!

Quick Reply: Now our dealer closed up shop