Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can all but guarantee that next years bikes will be liquid cooled :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 08:32 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

there are no 'leaked' documents, friends of friends that know, etc. what models are coming out per model year is a secret kept tighter than fort knox. will there be a se trike with radiators? i don't know, but if someone said it's a 'for sure' thing, the only thing that i would be 'for sure' about, is, maybe.

as far as the uk mc mag article, i would put that in the same category as the 'bigfoot fathered my children' articles at the grocery store checkout.

that doesn't necessarily make them wrong, i mean even bigfoot has to get horny every now and again, right? i just wouldn't take them too serious or literal.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:41 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm logging off..get back to me when you can actually guarentee it. Thanks.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:14 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Engine oil: lubrication and cooling

Old 06-05-2011, 09:43 PM
twally
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

II've been reading this site since 2005, not long compared to many, but every year it's the same old thing. w
Water cooled is definite this year and it doesn't happen. Then next year it's water cooled for sure this year.
I do believe they have to do it sooner or later, but we'll only know when they do it.
Oh by the way, they already have a liquid cooled motor, as you all know.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:02 PM
zfdtruckman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can all but guarantee that next years bikes will be liquid cooled

Was at my Wisconsin dealer open house today. The factory semi-truck brought a bunch of bikes for people to do test rides. Asked the factory rep about the new liquid cooled bikes. He laughed his *** off and told me I'd be better informed listening to the Jehovah's Witnesses than reading the forums.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 AM
electradad
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you see one sitting in the showroom.. Then you know it happend!

Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 AM
fxdxrider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If/When they decide to push water cooled bikes as a replacement for air cooled I would expect the MoCo to run parallel production for some years so we can choose which we want. There will be a massive push in the media and test fleets will only be water cooled bikes etc etc. They will only stop production of air cooled once they know the public have accepted the water cooled models.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

same ol sh@t...different year.

I would not be surprised to see oil cooled heads similar to the BMW Boxter or the XR1200. The Boxter makes up to 130 hp in a 1200 cc configuration with no heat problems.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:50 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I am a new HD rider/owner but a LONG-time motorcycle rider - I love my HD. I owned an '99 RSV that was water cooled....

I really want to know why some of you are so against a water-cooled HD? Why so adamant - BTW I am not trying to start something, or stand in judgement, I just want to know WHY there are those who are just so against a WC motor from HD?

Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristoHD
I am a new HD rider/owner but a LONG-time motorcycle rider - I love my HD. I owned an '99 RSV that was water cooled....

I really want to know why some of you are so against a water-cooled HD? Why so adamant - BTW I am not trying to start something, or stand in judgement, I just want to know WHY there are those who are just so against a WC motor from HD?
because we want harleys not RSV's (not sure what that is LOL). If a person wants H2O cooling so bad he/she has plenty to choose from. I have yet to see a H2O cooled cruiser vtwin that looked worth a crap. It is not that I dislike water cooling but not on my harley. I have a KLR that is water cooled lol.... it sucks tho and I want to trade it for a DR650 that is air oil cooled.

Quick Reply: I can all but guarantee that next years bikes will be liquid cooled :)