Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carb conversion for MM EFI

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 AM
dodit
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile need info for the conversion done

Originally Posted by adjusterr
I have a 97 Roadking with 75,000 miles. The MM EFI has been a disaster since day one, Three HD Dealers have worked on it, three independent shops, incuding a shop whose bikes have set land speed records at Bonneville, and no one could make the thing run right, fluctuating idle, stumble on acceleration, poor mileage, constant cracking and popping from the exhaust. I have had two Power Commanders installed and still junk. About a month ago I was talking to a friend who owns a small shop, Psycle Barn, and he casually suggested we change the system from EFI to carb. Short story, he did the conversion using a used CV carb with a Dyna Jet kit, Dyna 2000 I ignition and coil, a used intake mnanifold, fabricated a choke bracket and modified the aircleaner baseplate. I recently made a hurry up run from Western MD to Knoxville, TN, approx 1000 miles and I could not be happier with the performance. I wish I had done this the day after I bought the bike new. If anyone is interested in a complete MM EFI system, with Power Commander, contact me, I now have a real Harley. If anyone is interested in having the conversion done, contact me, I'll give you the info on Psycle Barn.
hi...really desperate to have the information about your carb conversion, mail me back for the carb convert, i'm in bali, indonesia. so i guess i'll need the whole package about the carb conversion, thx really appreciate it..