Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird brake/lights problem I need help with!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 12:53 AM
TheFigment
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird brake/lights problem I need help with!

2006 Street Glide is the bike in question.

Long story short.... got pulled over last night for no running lights. Turn signals and rear light were off. Brake light worked with both front and rear brake. I got home and replaced the fuse (It was burnt up), and all the lights come on.

With the fuse replaced, the brake light is constantly on. There is no change in brightness when the brake lever is pulled. It's BRIGHT all the time. I replaced the front brake switch in the handle bars but it made no difference. I tried unplugging the rear brake switch but the light stayed on.

I also noticed tonight that if I pull the light fuse, when I pull the lever and the brake light comes on , all the running lights come on too (Turn signals). WTF? I'm stumped here. Could the brake relay in the fuse box be bad?

I also can't get my rear valence light to come on (The one on the bottom of the fender). It's just off. Is that a bulb that can burn out or is it LED?

Old 06-04-2011, 01:36 AM
TheFigment
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh, figured it out. Portion of the wiring harness had come loose and been worn through by the belt. Brakelight was backfeeding through the running lights. Soldered, rewrapped, and ziptied up.

The following users liked this post:
Dzilla315 (05-06-2023)