Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Limited or Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Default Ultra Limited or Street Glide?

I just have not been happy with my bike at all. I got my EGC just as the 11's were hitting the floor. To be honest I haven't been happy at all with the bike. I really wanted a SG in sedona,but at the time the dealer couldn't get one,and I was being offered a great deal on what they had in stock so I took the EGC. Every since then I have been in 2 very close encounters were ABS would have helped me tremendously. I really want to upgrade for the ABS,and don't forget the 103,oil cooler,ACR,and security. I have had buyers remorse ever since I bought. I was told "be sure to get the tour pak to make the lady happy". Well she has told me the sissy bar is more comfortable,and she is short very short,and where the armrest is positioned it hits her at the shoulders,so she is squeezed in. So this helps a lot knowing what I want,and don't want in a bike.

Now after looking around my dealer says he can get anything I want since the 11 are plentiful,( thanks,where was this 7 months ago). I have a great deal on the Ultra Limited lined up,from an outside dealer. He is giving me $1,000 more in trade than my local dealer. He is the one with the Limited,but I just don't know what to get. The Limited is top of the line with all the bells and whistles,but SG is so sexy,and a stripped down clean look. Comparing the two dealers a stock SG w/power pak from my local dealer would be the same price as a Limited from the out of town dealer. I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be helpful. Sorry fro the long post. I just don't know which way to go.

Last edited by Cowboy Rob; 06-03-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:44 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well first there is like $2400 difference from a limited to a loaded up street Glide so the out of town dealer is giving you more than 1k more if they come out to the same price.

It just depends on what you are wanting. I mean the limited is going to be the better deal but if its not what you want how much does that matter.

Just have to ask would it be better to strip a limited down to what you want of just get a street glide.

I thought about the limited but I wanted the solid paint with no pinstrips or 2 tone. I also would of had the lower the limited more. So just figured I was better off with the Street glide.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Throwback
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my StreetGlide. Like you, I was trying to decide between the Ultra Classic and the SG. Went with the SG and have never regretted it. Get the one you and the wife want. Enjoy and ride safe.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Yes,I'm sorry about the price. It is a color SG compared to a Vivid black Limited. My fault for not clarifying that. It is only about $500 difference in the two bikes. My EGC has the qd tourpak,and hidden antenna. So I have most of the parts to transform the Limited,but man something about that SG is sexy. But it seems like the better deal,and smart money is on the Limited.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:56 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Limited is very nice and I had one ordered. But when it came down to it the top heavy weight of the Limitrd was what made me go with the SG. Solid paint and no strips plus the SG wheels also helped. I did go with a removable tour pac and changed the rear shocks to the taller EG air shocks,

Old 06-02-2011, 10:00 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by metfancowboy
Yes,I'm sorry about the price. It is a color SG compared to a Vivid black Limited. My fault for not clarifying that. It is only about $500 difference in the two bikes. My EGC has the qd tourpak,and hidden antenna. So I have most of the parts to transform the Limited,but man something about that SG is sexy. But it seems like the better deal,and smart money is on the Limited.
I'm in the car business, my advise is buy the one you want not the deal!!

Old 06-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If your wife feels cramped because of the Tour-Pak on the EGC, she will feel even more cramped on the Limited and it's rear speakers mounted on the Tour-Pak.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by iwillfixthem4u
Limited is very nice and I had one ordered. But when it came down to it the top heavy weight of the Limitrd was what made me go with the SG. Solid paint and no strips plus the SG wheels also helped. I did go with a removable tour pac and changed the rear shocks to the taller EG air shocks,
With the Tour-Pak installed and the EG shocks, your SG is just as top heavy as the Limited.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:24 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I thought the tour-paks were adjustable?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by iwillfixthem4u
The Street Glide is more nimble and easier to handle than the Electraglides with the tour pack and the taller passenger seat. I had an Electraglide and when I took off the tour pac put a Road King seat on it (lowering my wife), it was a huge difference in handling. Those 2 things sure do make it top heavy.

Quick Reply: Ultra Limited or Street Glide?