Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Limited or Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 10:30 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
With the Tour-Pak installed and the EG shocks, your SG is just as top heavy as the Limited.
shocks weigh the same and tour pac has no rack or speakers, as I recall this thread is about SG vs limited. Yes its close to classic. Limited has speakers, CB,heated grips, amp lights in Tour pac bag guards bigger seat rack on tour pac fender gaurds and bumper etc and most is above the center of gravity. think about it. and i ride witout tour pac 90% of the time. much more sporty

Old 06-02-2011, 10:44 PM
chingie
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a limited last weekend. I kinda liked the looks of the SG better, but my wife felt better with the tourpak than with a backrest. I felt like the Limited was a bettter deal when I compared everything that I got for the extra money. I was concerned about the handling since I normally ride a Fatbob or a Buell. The limited handled a lot better than I would have imagined (had a passenger, but empty bags). That was what sold it for me.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:49 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chingie
I just bought a limited last weekend. I kinda liked the looks of the SG better, but my wife felt better with the tourpak than with a backrest. I felt like the Limited was a bettter deal when I compared everything that I got for the extra money. I was concerned about the handling since I normally ride a Fatbob or a Buell. The limited handled a lot better than I would have imagined (had a passenger, but empty bags). That was what sold it for me.
I agree it's a great bike and deal for what you get, just wasn't for me

Old 06-02-2011, 10:56 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

You should have waited & got what you wanted!!!!!!!!!! Of course your not the first guy & won't be the last to do that. Get the SG & "GIT-R-DONE"!!!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
If your wife feels cramped because of the Tour-Pak on the EGC, she will feel even more cramped on the Limited and it's rear speakers mounted on the Tour-Pak.

I already installed the speaker pods,and tour pak lights too. So now her legs and arms are stuffed. I also have the George Anderson relocator kit to. I guess it makes it worse for her also.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 AM
sanaga
Road Captain

get limited if u ride 2 up often
sg is sexy but not comfort for long ride....my previous bike is 09 sg, 06 sg....

Old 06-03-2011, 07:41 AM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can always save money and strip the EGC down and sell the parts on e bay to make it look like a SG and when the wife wants to ride put the tp back on

Old 06-03-2011, 08:25 AM
riff1006
Cruiser

I think you've already answered your own question. You're not going to be happy with less than what you want. Don't make the same mistake twice.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:48 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by riff1006
I think you've already answered your own question. You're not going to be happy with less than what you want. Don't make the same mistake twice.
My thoughts exactly. The best deal is not enough to outwiegh the cost of not getting what you really wanted.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Avalanche_Mutt
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the limited is always strippable. I did it!!

Quick Reply: Ultra Limited or Street Glide?