Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Detach Kit for Fairing Lowers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 03:06 PM
Dino3981
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Detach Kit for Fairing Lowers

Has anyone tried these yet? If so, how do you like them?

http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id168.html

Dino

Old 10-31-2006, 03:44 PM
ditrina
Intermediate
Default RE: Quick Detach Kit for Fairing Lowers

No but I'll sure pass this on to our Parts Manager.. looks interesting

Old 10-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Dino,

They were the second thing I put on my bike right after I got it. I bought my bike in the middle of May and at the begining of June I was headed down to Atlanta. Being able to have the lowers on for the long hoghway ride was great. Being able to take them OFF in the heat of Atlanta was even better. Takes no time at all to remove them. Takes less than five minutes to take both off. Get them, you'll love them.

Neil

Old 11-01-2006, 01:13 AM
wldhogn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neil:

What kind of bike did you put them on? I have a Road Glide and I'm considering buying lowers for it. If these will work, I would buy a set.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Dino3981
Advanced

Thanks for the info.

What year bike do you have? I was also thinking about the Airmax vents for my lowers so I don't cook when it hits 80 degrees.

Thanks
Dino

Old 11-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Dino and Wldhogn,

I have an 02 Ultra. I got my set directly from Rivco Products, the maker. When I bought them they only had the one style. I assume that they came out with the 05 and later style because the design of the lowers changed then. For the earlier styles the kit comes with thumb screws to replace the screws that hold the cover on the front of the lower at the crash bar. This allows easy access to the upper mount. The newer lowers have a different style upper cover that seems to snap on, so no screws are needed.

Dino, you may want to consider installing vents if yo want to be able to keep the lowers on for cooler weather. Once things got warmer here this summer the lowers stayed in the shed. They didn't go back on until things started cooling off this fall.

Wldhogn, I don't see why the kit wouldn't work for the RG. The lowers mount the same way, they are just shaped differently for the RG. I think the quick release kit should be something HD made from the factory. Some of the best money I spent on the bike so far IMHO. Good luck and if I can be of any help let me know.

Neil

Old 11-01-2006, 01:58 PM
wldhogn
Tourer

Thanks for your reply Neil .. and Dino for suggesting the Quick Release setup. I contacted eglidegoodies by email and asked if they would fit an '03 Road Glide. Thier reply was that they hadn't tried them on anything but an Ultra however, they thought, like you Neil that they would work as long as they attached to the crash bar the same way they did with the Ultra.

I bought a set of lowers for a previous RG I had and loved them for fall and winter riding but they were tough in the hot summers in So. Cal. With the Quick Release hardware I think I may go for another set.

Thanks again

Wldhogn

Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Price doesn't appear to be out of line, and you can't beat the convenience. Let us know how they work out.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:07 PM
wldhogn
Tourer

ORIGINAL: chiabate

Price doesn't appear to be out of line, and you can't beat the convenience. Let us know how they work out.
I'm ordering a new set of lowers from Chicago HD for $495.00 shipped to So. Cal (vs. $642.00 here at my local HD dealer). It will probably take a few weeks to get them since they don't normally stock them. I'll post my comments and a few pics once they arrive and I install the Quick Release kit.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

Cool idea. Any rattling or other noise from em?

VicW.

Quick Reply: Quick Detach Kit for Fairing Lowers