Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lost fob

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:50 PM
zfdtruckman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've found most dealers use the last 5 numbers of your VIN as the PIN.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:11 PM
PWFD
Road Master

From what I heard most dealers that install the codes use the last five numbers of the dealerships phone number.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:25 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 7x30Waters
Friend went on a ride, he keeps his fob in the saddle bag, son gets coat from saddle bag and must of brought out the fob with the coat, Bike starts and they ride 75 miles stop to rest, bike won't start, had to be trucked home. tried to retrieve code using manual, nothing shows up in odometer window. Calls piece of **** Harley dealer, they want to know where he bought the bike, NOT There, things go down hill from there. They tell him they can get him a new fob and program it for $65.00, After callling around,he calls them back and now they tell him he will need a new module for $150.00 more. So Question is If you loose you're fob and don't have any Idea what you're code is Do you have to replace the module?

Is this friend....ummm....you?

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/other...ml#post6314111

Don't worry, I won't make fun of you.............

But everyone else probably will

Old 06-02-2011, 03:35 PM
jrike
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just programmed my code the other day.my problem is i keep leaving house without fob.bike starts at house ride away and wammo,first stop im screwed.he should have recieved two fobs when purchased bike.u can try to program on the assumption the person before didnt program .its very easy follow the manual.good luck

Old 06-02-2011, 03:49 PM
ajj1can
Intermediate

Use the last 5 numbers in the serial number. That may work for him. Good luck.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:57 PM
lewain
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 7x30Waters
Friend went on a ride, he keeps his fob in the saddle bag, son gets coat from saddle bag and must of brought out the fob with the coat, Bike starts and they ride 75 miles stop to rest, bike won't start, had to be trucked home. tried to retrieve code using manual, nothing shows up in odometer window. Calls piece of **** Harley dealer, they want to know where he bought the bike, NOT There, things go down hill from there. They tell him they can get him a new fob and program it for $65.00, After callling around,he calls them back and now they tell him he will need a new module for $150.00 more. So Question is If you loose you're fob and don't have any Idea what you're code is Do you have to replace the module?
To answer your question. Yes you need a new module. The module that is now on the bike has gone into alarm mode and will stay there until the fob programmed for it is present or you enter the code. Also, you cannot retrieve a code from a module in alarm mode if you could there would be no security.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:09 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jrike
just programmed my code the other day.my problem is i keep leaving house without fob.bike starts at house ride away and wammo,first stop im screwed.
and that's happened to you more than once?

Old 06-02-2011, 04:34 PM
JRBass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shooter5074
Is this friend....ummm....you?

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/other...ml#post6314111

Don't worry, I won't make fun of you.............

But everyone else probably will

Hmmmm..... Very interesting! Maybe it is the old "I have a friend.." Story.LOL

One the Dealer uses DigitalTech to marry new FOB then he should be able to change the code since he has a good FOB. Right?

BTW and and one more

Old 06-02-2011, 04:49 PM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well my dealer uses their Harley dealer number on ALL bikes they sell. That way it is the same number for every bike in their inventory. And they STRONGLY recommend you change it to a number of your choosing. I chose my significant others birthday.
Better not forget that number.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Shygnome
Novice

Mine came 11111. I changed it, wrote it on the card in the manual, and put it in my gun safe. I also punched it into my phone contacts under a disquised contact (an old pen name).

Quick Reply: lost fob