Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alarm advice part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011 | 09:29 PM
r0ckie
|
Advanced
Default alarm advice part 2

Hey, all who helped me with this. I installed the RS siren but didn't use pins. Just pushed siren wires into plug and re-inserted plug. Only difference I found with the operation is that it chirps a couple of times when trying to move bike with it armed before staying on steady. Plenty loud too. The thread I used said it would chirp only once. Did I miss something? A small point I know but don't want to kill the battery, smoke something, etc. Does anyone know if not using the pins messes anything up?

Thanks again,
R0ckie

Old 06-01-2011 | 09:48 PM
alkrisma
Road Captain

Should be fine just probably more secure with the pins? My alarm chirps twice.

Old 06-01-2011 | 10:16 PM
wolfman 66
Road Captain

I just pushed the wires in been fine for almost two years

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:48 AM
r0ckie
|
Advanced

Thanks - I checked mine again and it chirps twice too so guess I'm good to go.

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:56 AM
10-4 10-4
Intermediate

Where is the original post ... I would like to put an alarm on my 2011 SG

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:59 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired

Originally Posted by wolfman 66
I just pushed the wires in been fine for almost two years
Same here, no problems!

Old 06-02-2011 | 09:13 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

On one bike I just pushed the wires into the connector and taped it up good. Still works after 5 years. Current bike I cut the HD connector off and spliced the siren in. That's worked for nearly 5 years.

Old 06-02-2011 | 09:29 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member

I hooked up a siren to mine too, it chirps a couple times, I haven't tested it to see if it goes off steadily, I assume it does. I thought it would shut off automatically after a minute of so the same as the lights did before I added the siren. Isn't that how it works?

Old 06-02-2011 | 01:36 PM
JRBass
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jjnoble
I hooked up a siren to mine too, it chirps a couple times, I haven't tested it to see if it goes off steadily, I assume it does. I thought it would shut off automatically after a minute of so the same as the lights did before I added the siren. Isn't that how it works?
Yep I think it cycles for 30 seconds stops rechecks for movement and then fires back up. Or until FOB is brought to it.

The Thread for this install is here.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-2011-rgc.html

Old 06-02-2011 | 02:27 PM
zfdtruckman
Cruiser

Cut off the plug leaving at least 2" of wire on the plug end. Stub in the siren wiring with weatherproof crimp connectors or solder and cover with shrink wrap (red piezo wire to brown plug wire, black piezo wire to green plug wire). Keep the plug if you need it in the future (it can easily be patched back in). It is like a metri-pack but has a insert made specifically for the Harley alarm module. I put a weatherproof toggle switch in line with the power feed (red to brown) to the piezo and mounted it so your reach under the front of the seat so it can activate or deactivate the alarm or chirping if needed. Not cool going to a biker bar and pulling up and announcing your're arrival - "CHIRP, CHIRP!"

Quick Reply: alarm advice part 2