Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HogTunes Or Kickers

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 07:10 AM
tdaffner
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HogTunes Or Kickers

Just bought a 2011 Ultra Limited and looking at swapping out the front speakers. I know a lot of folks are running HogTunes under the hood, but also hearing a lot of good things about the Kicker PS5250 The HogTunes seem to have larger magnets and are a little lower in cost.

Has anyone tried both?

Thanks

Old 05-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

I can only speak for HogTunes and they are a huge difference over stock. Work well for me & weren't too $pendy. Can also look at J&M and Boom Audio - two other recommended manufacturers...good luck & enjoy the new scoot!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:32 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,797 Likes on 22,740 Posts

Ok. Wayne also known as firecap from this site had some kickers that he gave me and I finally got them into the fairing of my bike.
It's been a long time time coming and I wished that I had some audio clips but I don't.

I had the Hogtunes in the fairing before. They were ok but always seemed to lack. The Kickers which I really do love their products BTW are much lighter, have a magnet that is not at all as heavy and cumbersome as is the Hogtunes. That being the case, or at least w/my wrench at Harley Davidson says that in effect they are too heavy for the fairing. They do have a very big and heavy magnet.

The Kickers have much more clarity/highend than do the Hogtunes and I also believe that they have significantly more bass, and that is being run with a little Hogtunes Amp.

If I had it to do over again and the HT's and Kicks were side by side, I would definately pick the Kickers over the Hogtunes. Shoot Wayne/firecap a PM on this site(if you need, shoot me a PM and I'll give you his phone number.
He is a super nice person and will help you make the right choice for your bike. He also will walk you through the installation if you require that, and will also install it for you if you can make it to his neck of the woods. He has really great prices too and is very competitive. You can't and won't go wrong w/doing biz with him.
Kickers are great. I really do like them.
Thanx again Wayne!!