Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another SE Compensator Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011 | 12:56 PM
Jtsantes
|
Cruiser
Default Another SE Compensator Thread

Ok, it has been nearly two years since I heard of issues relating to the OEM compensator on 2010 and earlier touring models. I have a 2010 FLHTK with only 5k miles on it but I do have all of the noise issues I've read about in other threads of this subject. The question is, has there in fact been a recall and if not, what can I tell the dealers to make them pay attention. Every time I go in to talk to them (3 different ones in my San Jose, CA area) I get the same set of responses: Sounds normal; if it ain't broke we can't fix it; you're the first one/customer I've talked to about this issue/noise; etc. Perhaps I need to wait until I'm broken down on the side of the road to get their attention. Have I tried all the tricks to get the dealers' attention? Problems is, my 2-year factory warranty ends in December, so I have about 6 months to act on MOCO's dime. Any insight from you Forum guys?

Old 05-29-2011 | 01:04 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member

Write Milwaukee so you have a record of this date so when the problem that " no one's ever heard about" leaves you broken down you have some recourse. And mention the dealers names that have told you thet there's nothing wrong.

It's one of the reasons I no longer work in the Harley business.

Old 05-29-2011 | 01:22 PM
donf610
Cruiser

I know I'll be doing mine soon, yesterday I had the hardest/loudest start up knock yet. Thought it was gonna come out the side of primary.
I googled this and found that some dealers are doing replacement under warranty for guys. I know it aint gonna happen for me but theres alot of diy info.

Old 05-29-2011 | 02:30 PM
axel black
Road Captain

there has been a lot of junk compensators in the 2010 and 2011 bikes in post here recently. If I was you have a indy put in the SE compensator. Its a Harly.

Old 05-29-2011 | 04:27 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master

I got alot of the same bs you did, the run around, and even made the dealership take it apart and show me the compensator I did have the side loading wear scars that are a sure sign of a weak compensator but they still said there was nothing they could do. I learned through all of this that its the manufactures falt and the dealers are just puppets they tried their best to get this covered under warranty but HD denied my paperwork. So instead they gave me some free parts and 25% off the SE compensator and I installed it myself. Noticed a huge difference when I replaced the stock unit bike feels like a totally different machine.