Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Siriius/XM "Old Guy" riding music

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Ultra Rider 07
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 290 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by timberland
I'm 48...ya know kinda a ol guy, lol.... Personally I listen to bluegrass 90%, and the highway--- country. You may like Outlaw Country---mix of classic rock and old new country...
Hell I thought I was the only one riding a Harley while listening to bluegrass, all depends on what you like. Thinking about adding the xm thru my zumo 550 anybody else have that set up, wondering about reception.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

55 yrs old, makes me an old guy, I guess. I'm mostly on Alt Nation, Lithium, Rawdog Comedy, Classic Vinyl and Outlaw Country.

I wish they'd quit monkeying around with the channel lineup, though. I still need to go back in and reprogram my receiver from the last shake-up.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Ricky06Roadking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I-Pod Touch. I use it in my work truck and then on the bike. I made up a playlist for the bike (Ridin' Tunes). Its a mix of classic rock tunes and southern rock. I have a few of he 80s classics mixed in. I think I have close to 600 tunes on it and just hit the shuffle button and get a different mix every time.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:14 PM
stogie1956
Intermediate

Ch 24/Margaritaville almost always.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:22 PM
BUZZARD II
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

61 and for anyone that age that's from the NY area you have to try the Loft #30. In the afternoon is Meg Griffin from the old WNEW-fm. Fire up a doobie, crank up the Bose and clean the hog. That's quality garage time.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Krow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm starting to learn as well that channels change depending upon the time of day and probably the day of the week. What I mean is I've tuned to a channel, say Classic Rewind just for example, and they're playing stuff a bit too heavy for me but later in the day I put the same channel on and it seems the string of tunes is right down my alley. Makes it difficult to find what you want. Appreciate all these suggestions though.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:38 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
55 yrs old, makes me an old guy, I guess. I'm mostly on Alt Nation, Lithium, Rawdog Comedy, Classic Vinyl and Outlaw Country.

I wish they'd quit monkeying around with the channel lineup, though. I still need to go back in and reprogram my receiver from the last shake-up.
The Sirius in my truck updated my presets to the new channel numbers by itself - I didn't have to do anything.

Just added a Stratus 6 to the scoot today.

I mainly listen to 70s, Deep Tracks, Grateful Dead, Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl, Raw Dog, Spectrum, Boneyard, BB King's Bluesville... oh, and I'm over 50.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Biggun-fxr
Advanced

I don't think age has a lot to do with it. I'm 53 and mostly stay on Boneyard and Hair Nation.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Mine reprogrammed itself too. I just knew where the other stations were from the preset ones. Now I need to learn their location all over again.

Plus I see they added extra cities to the traffic channels. They are not as often now.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:22 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a new Jeep that has satellite radio and I got to say, I find it totally useless. No matter which type of music I feel like listening to it seems that channel plays alot of total crap inbetween a hit song here and there. MP3's are the way to go. My girl burns them with the songs we like and they hold 120 songs each. That's alot of great non-stop music and I never need to change channels or lose the music under bridges or tunnels.......and it's free music!

Quick Reply: Siriius/XM "Old Guy" riding music