Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do i need the smart siren ii to use the pager?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 12:00 PM
c50plus
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Do i need the smart siren ii to use the pager?

My 08 Ultra came with the standard factory security system. I want to buy the
Hd security pager but it looks from the Harley parts website that the pager only
works with the smart siren II. Is that the case? Who has made this modification?
Any issues?

Old 05-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Animal_
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you need the smart siren II. It contains the FM transmitter that works with the pager. Your mileage will vary in regards to distance (i.e. inside mall, etc) and battery life of the pager can be a b*tch - keep a few spares handy.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:14 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

+1 on the siren....... and get the rechargeable pager. Took me a couple of tries to get it married up with the system, but now it works every time.

91672-07 is the part number.

Last edited by shooter5074; 05-25-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Harley did carry a separate pager transmitter and pager receiver. But the transmitter was replaced with the combined unit.

If you search the older Part Catalogs, they had the Security System Smart Alarm (not the II version) in the 2008 Catalog (page 753). There are different sirens, depending on the model, that sold from $85 and up. They sold a separate pager and transmitter for $195 (91665-03). This is in addition to the Siren on the original version. This is different than the Smart Pager II for $69.95 (91660-06) that has the transmitter installed.

The original Pager/receiver was just a small square box that was held in a clip on your waist.

The Pager/Receiver II has two versions. One looks like a small radio with a stubby antenna. It runs on a 3v Lithium battery.
The second version is rechargeable and just clips to you belt or slips in your pocket.
Both are vastly less expensive that the first version that Harley came out with.

When I added the Siren to my '09, I went with the Siren II. I don't have the Pager/Receiver yet. But if I want to add it, I can at little effort.

Last edited by Ultra89Rider; 05-25-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:18 AM
Twoshots
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pager with stubby antenna

I bought my 06 SG last Sept. It came with small pager with little built in stubby antena. I didnt get the little belt clip holder with it. the old fellow i bought off of couldnt find it. I will never use it. If you are interested PM me and I can get it to you.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got the siren and rechargeable pager here. Gotta have the siren II indeed.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:06 PM
riceinwa
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody have the instructions for pairing the Security System pager to the Siren II unit? I have the pager from my 07 Ultra...putting the Smart II on the 2011 Ultra Limited and want the pager to work, but have lost the pager instructions for linking.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:15 AM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure the bike's the ignition switch is OFF and the pager is off.

Press and hold the pager receiver button. The pager will flash and vibrate to show it is in the ON mode. Continue to hold the button until the LED indicators begin to flash one after another and the receiver begins to beep once very two seconds. The pager will now be in encoding mode (this mode will time out after 5 beeps).

Turn the bike's ignition ON and then OFF. The pager will indicate it has been encoded by beeping four times.

To test it, turn the bike's ignition back ON and then quickly OFF. The indicator on the pager will flash within 60 seconds (or on mine, I have the audible chirp on the pager).

Last edited by sanlyn; 07-04-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:12 AM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pager battery only lasts about a month.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Mikebiker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good set up.....The smart siren ll and a pager. I can take my wife out for lunch or dinner and not worry about the bike getting messed with in the parking lot, without my knowledge. I've had the siren and pager on the last two touring bikes and have not been let down by them. If the rechargeable receiver/pager uses 12DC to recharge I'd buy that one instead of the battery one. The battery on my receiver/pager last about 40 hours, so I always carry a spare battery on my bike.
Remember you're trying to make your bike less attractive than the next one.
When I travel use a cover and disc lock also.

Quick Reply: Do i need the smart siren ii to use the pager?