Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R.I.P. Stormin' Norman Dillon !.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 11:51 PM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts
Default R.I.P. Stormin' Norman Dillon !.

Last Wednesday morning (5/18/11), I woke up to an very uneasy day...Didn't eat breakfast and lunch. Tried to sit my *** down to pay down the bills. My lady came home from work at 2 PM and asked me if I had heard the bad news. Replied back as in "WTF are you talking about ?." Tears swelled in her eyes. She stuttered. I got antsy.

She said, "Norm died in a motorcycle/vehicle accident !." I went in a state of shock as my antsy day faded away the very moment. *SIGH*

That stupid 31 y.o. cager hurriedly and pulled right in front of Norm at the intersection heading for work on Rt. 96 in Victor, New York. Norm only left 10 feet of skidmark, hit the vehicle sort of head-on style as the bike headed towards to the right lane and landed on the right shoulder while he flew straight on, flew over the car and landed on left lane's concrete. Bam !. He was pronounced D.O.A. at Strong Memorial Hospital.

Funeral's unbelievable. Damn long line loaded with different varieties of people as he was well-liked. He was outfitted with Harley Davidson except for his snake skin cowboy boots. After looking around in the funeral home loaded with pictures and realizing that his favorite color was Purple. His 4X4 Truck, '94 Road King Classic, One of his Muscle Cars, Old Truck (Maybe a ***** or Strudebaker ?) and all of the Flowers by the Casket...All of 'em, Purple. Wow, I learned something new about him as I never knew in the past. **** !. This is something I'll miss about him and his laughing machine.

Buried him yesterday afternoon. His wife, Sandy had asked me not to stop riding just because of his death as he would want me to continue. I bawled my eyes out like a Baby Huey.

Man, I'll miss my "caboose" and his headlights in my Ultra's rearview mirror as I always lead the group as Road Captain.

R.I.P. Stormin' Norman, You rock until we meet the next time...

Thorey

Old 05-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Bigdad68
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your buddy. My mom went down on Goood Friday on the back of her BF'S Ultra. She died on impact. She would want me to keep riding and so would your buddy. Be safe. Prayers out to the families.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:51 AM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DeafUltra, Sorry Brother as I know you and I have never met, but I can tell you that I understand your loss without understanding it, if that makes any sense? I have been a LEO for over ten years and have seen death first hand. I have held men just like you and me and attempted to calm them in similar situations. I can tell you that I agree with your buddies wife and would tell you to get on your bike and go for a ride and spend time thinking about your friend and ridding buddy. As I type this I'm getting choked up. These things arent supposed to happen, but they seem to happen more and more frequently. Bottom line is, your buddy would want you to continue, and sometimes that is just plain hard to do...

Ride safe and RIP to your wing man, Stormin Norman!

Prayers to Norman and anyone he has touched!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Airborne Limited
Supporter

Sorry for your loss brother. Norman sounds like he was a great guy. Seen too many good people die or get maimed by idiot cagers who have no respect for other drivers on the road, never mind vulnerable motorcyclists.

I agree with what my LEO brother said above. The thing to do is to get on your bike, ride, and remember him fondly every time you check your mirrors. Check them often to remember and so you don't meet up with him again too soon. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't catch a glance of him in your mirrors every now-and-then as I'm sure he'll always be riding with you.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:00 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Thorey,
Very sorry to hear this sad news....thoughts and prayers to you and the family...
Ride Safe my friend and Brother.... Tim.......o~`o................

Old 05-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Rick14221
Tourer

sorry dude...RIP Norman

Old 05-25-2011, 06:26 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry about your friend Thorey. RIP Stormin' Norman

Old 05-25-2011, 07:56 AM
SteelCityRider
Tourer

Thoughts and Prayers go out to you and his family, Brother. Ride Hard, Ride Long and Ride Safe

Old 05-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Very sorry to hear of your friend's passing. The hobby we love is a dangerous one, all we can do is try to stack the odds in our favor. Ride safe.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

Sorry for his family's and his friends loss , good brothers can't be replaced

Quick Reply: R.I.P. Stormin' Norman Dillon !.